Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Thrash Metal band and song.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Favourite Thrash Song - Creeping Death by Metallica
    Favourite Trash album - St Anger ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

bigbadcon wrote: »
    Favourite Thrash Song - Creeping Death by Metallica
    Favourite Trash album - St Anger ;)

Yes, you got that right - it is a trash (not thrash) album!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Yes, you got that right - it is a trash (not thrash) album!!!

Indeed

Just listening to this song - what a masterpiece, and what an album in general!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Testament Burnt Offerings remember hearing it on the live in Eindhoven lp and being blown away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Yep Tornado of Souls is a beast of a track alright.

For some reason Rust in Peace seems to rub some people the wrong way, personally I love it. First Megadeth album I ever bought and still my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Schism wrote: »
    Yep Tornado of Souls is a beast of a track alright.

For some reason Rust in Peace seems to rub some people the wrong way, personally I love it. First Megadeth album I ever bought and still my favourite.

really? i find that hard to believe. Rust in Peace in my opinion is easily the best Megadeth record. Cant see how its possible for anyone to dislike it haha

anyway my favourite trash band would be Metallica
    My favourite song from them changes every few weeks :confused: tis a tough one haha

At the moment its gone back to Battery so yeah that will do :pac:

really? i find that hard to believe. Rust in Peace in my opinion is easily the best Megadeth record. Cant see how its possible for anyone to dislike it haha

anyway my favourite trash band would be Metallica
    My favourite song from them changes every few weeks :confused: tis a tough one haha

At the moment its gone back to Battery so yeah that will do :pac:

This is probably one of my favourite metallica tracks.. "the four housemen" is just a watered down version with crappier lyrics in comparison

This is probably one of my favourite metallica tracks.. "the four housemen" is just a watered down version with crappier lyrics in comparison

I can't stand the lyrics to The Mechanix haha. I do like how its faster so I just listen to the The Four Horsemen played live back in the Cliff days as they tended to play like everysong twice as fast :D

Well maybe its my man-love for Dave Mustaine thats throwing me off then :p

That version with cliff is a beast (obviously)!

• Advertisement

It has to be :pac: haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 karlm49850

in fairness metallica did get better after dave mustaine but i always will rather megadteh

karlm49850 wrote: »
    in fairness metallica did get better after dave mustaine but i always will rather megadteh
    Yeah - KEA and RTL was part written by dave, even Leper Massiah from MOP was co-written by dave. Then what happened, they ran out of dave's ideas, cliff dies, and lo and behold they go WAAAAY downhill!! If cliff was alive today he'd kick all of their asses for destroying a once great band!

Dave Mustaine only wrote parts on two songs on Ride the Lightning and he only claims to have written parts of Leper Messiah and of course Mustaine likes to make stuff up especially when Metallica are concerned. He has gotten credit for what hes done.

And in my opinion Master of Puppets and also And Justice for all are both better albums then Kill 'EM All and Ride the Lightning of course its my opinion and you may have a different one.

Ok Load - St. Anger not great we can all agree haha but lets not forget about the classic Megadeth record Risk :p and albums surrounding it arnt exactly note worthy

Of course Cliff was a big loss and if he was still here things with Metallica could be much different but they far from ruined the band... bit of a sidetrack maybe :pac:

Dave Mustaine only wrote parts on two songs on Ride the Lightning and he only claims to have written parts of Leper Messiah and of course Mustaine likes to make stuff up especially when Metallica are concerned. He has gotten credit for what hes done.

And in my opinion Master of Puppets and also And Justice for all are both better albums then Kill 'EM All and Ride the Lightning of course its my opinion and you may have a different one.

Ok Load - St. Anger not great we can all agree haha but lets not forget about the classic Megadeth record Risk :p and albums surrounding it arnt exactly note worthy

Of course Cliff was a big loss and if he was still here things with Metallica could be much different but they far from ruined the band... bit of a sidetrack maybe :pac:
    Well IMO (and again its only my opinion :D) after 1990 megadeth beats metallica hands down. Youthanasia, Countdown, Cryptic Writings are all better than Load and reload. Risk & The World Needs A Hero are FAR better than st anger. And The System Has Failed & United Abominations are way better than Death Magnetic.

Different strokes eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

"Seek and Destroy"- Metallica.

Well IMO (and again its only my opinion :D) after 1990 megadeth beats metallica hands down. Youthanasia, Countdown, Cryptic Writings are all better than Load and reload. Risk & The World Needs A Hero are FAR better than st anger. And The System Has Failed & United Abominations are way better than Death Magnetic.

Different strokes eh?!

I agree that load and reload are rubbish infact off those two albums only 3 songs I like and would listen to.

I guess im a bit of a strange one in not hating St Anger.. doesnt mean i think its brilliant just I dont think its the worst album of all time. I like 4ish songs from it :pac: so that means it beats risk hands down haha

And I prefer Death Magnetic to anything Megadeth have done since Countdown.

Just opionion I guess.Each to their own haha

I will happily revise my opinion in a few months time when End Game gets released and il decide if its better then DM :D

Headcrusher is fairly good though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Talking about thrash has anyone ever listened to Evile?

They've only got the one album out at the minute but they're working on another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

How come only one post has mentioned Slayer? Slayer are the KINGS of thrash! Their sound is every bit as heavy and as fast and as evil as it was in the 80's. And my favourite track is a tie between 'Necrophiliac' from 'Hell Awaits' and 'Skeleton Christ' from 'Christ Illusion'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Metallica and The Thing That Should Not Be. Epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Here ya go. Get some of this into ye for some filthy thrash. Buckets and buckets of pummelling riffs.
    In particular listen to the scream and riff about a minute and half in. One of the finest moments in thrash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Thomas828 wrote: »
    How come only one post has mentioned Slayer?

They were mentioned on the very first page.

one of my fave 'tallica songs recently..

(i know at least one poster here will agree!!)

/thread

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Of all time my favourite sonf is Creeping Death by Metallica, I have that designated as favourite song of all time. Under that I have a type of league thing which varies from time to time, as of right now my favourite thrash song is:

Warpath - Infernal

/thread

soooooo predictable

:D

soooooo predictable

:D

Infernal or Creeping Death, if CD it's predictable for a reason.:)

Or have I completely misunderstood you and it was directed at TFEOS?

thats time delay for you!

Twas directed at TFE all right:pac:

thats time delay for you!

Twas directed at TFE all right:pac:

Ah yes I've just noticed the post times. Need to pay more attention to things.

• Advertisement

Risteard wrote: »
    Of all time my favourite sonf is Creeping Death by Metallica, I have that designated as favourite song of all time. Under that I have a type of league thing which varies from time to time, as of right now my favourite thrash song is:

Warpath - Infernal

how warpath arnt signed up to a label yet is crazy

Advertisement