Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Mechanic

• 08-07-2009 4:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Anyone here use this?

If so, would you recommend it? One place I upload photos to doesn't recognoise pics IPTC'd through LR only Photoshop and Photo Mechanic. Photoshop is too cumbersome for batch IPTC'ing unless someone knows a way to batch process IPTC data through Photoshop?

I think I am going to buy it anyway but would like to hear if it's worth the money before I do. If anyone has a version for sale or knows anyone with a version available then let me know also.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

can you not just right an action to do iptc stuff in photoshop

you could then have it as a droplet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I don't really use Photoshop as I find it too complicated as I was used to Lightroom when I got CS3. It's massively complicated when you are used to LR so I never bothered trying to learn anything about it. The only thing I can manage to do handy enough in CS3 is put a border around a photo!! :)

I don't know what a droplet is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

you can batch iptc in lightroom too cant you?

a droplet in PS is basically an icon say on ya desktop with a recorded set of actions in photoshop in it, so you can drag just a folder full of images and apply the same actions

anyway i will show you on thursday if your there

stcstc wrote: »
    you can batch iptc in lightroom too cant you?

You can but the software that one of the agencies that I upload to use can't recognoise IPTC that was written in Lightroom for some reason and they have told me to either use Photoshop or Photo Mechanic.
    stcstc wrote: »
    anyway i will show you on thursday if your there

I hope to get over tonight so see you then. Cheers Steve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Ballyman wrote: »
    You can but the software that one of the agencies that I upload to use can't recognoise IPTC that was written in Lightroom for some reason and they have told me to either use Photoshop or Photo Mechanic.

I hope to get over tonight so see you then. Cheers Steve.

I've had the same problem and my way around is to export the file to XnView and apply the IPTC there

• Advertisement

soccerc wrote: »
    I've had the same problem and my way around is to export the file to XnView and apply the IPTC there

Thats the job. Thanks for that John.

Advertisement