Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Help finding car

• 08-07-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Well i'm exhausted, looking online, have visited 10 + dealers, looked at two private cars for sale and went to a merlin car auction within 24 hours.

Still cant find anything. And to be honest i'm getting tired of dealers talking to me and then taking about 10 phone calls and ignoring me.

Anybody spotted anything nice that meets my criteria on the internet or anywhere around dublin i would be very happy if you could post a link. Thanks

I like:
    Audi TT (00 - 03)
    Ford Focus 3 door 1.6 Zetec/Titanium (05 - 07)
    Hyundai Coupe (2006) bit small though
    BMW 1 series (2005) bit small though

Must be/have:
    1.6 to 1.8 CC no bigger
    Air Conditioning & front fogs
    3 or 5 door
    Large boot with fold down back seats
    CD Player

Leather seats would be a bonus but not essential

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved to it's own thread. No point hijacking someone elses thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Appleguy

Apologies thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Appleguy wrote: »
    Well i'm exhausted. looking online and have visited 10 + dealers and have looked at two private cars. And been to a merlin car auction since yesterday.

Anybody spotted anything nice that meets my criteria i would be very happy if you could post a link. Thanks

I like:
    Audi TT (00 - 03)

Must be/have:
    1.6 to 1.8 CC no bigger
    3 or 5 door
    CD Player

darcy.jonny on here has a lovely one that he would only be glad to see going to a new home...:pac::pac::D

Seriously though, how much do you want to spend. There is a lot of criteria to match there

Is it on adverts? What year?

I think theyre a bit small for what i need i was just giving some examples of the models i like the look of you know.

Thats not to say that if the price was right i wouldn't take one.

Probably €7k to €9k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 laycolayco

Hi, Ive got a toyota Celica 1.8. Theyre a great car all round. Well worth thinking bout. The 1.8 engine has loadsa power but is so cheap to run!

• Advertisement

laycolayco wrote: »
    Hi, Ive got a toyota Celica 1.8. Theyre a great car all round. Well worth thinking bout. The 1.8 engine has loadsa power but is so cheap to run!

Never thought of one even i'll have a look

Wouldn't rule a mazda 3 or an Astra out although i'm not mad about the interior in the astra.

Don't like Citroen or Peugeot one bit. Will never own one.

You hit on a nice one there on that first Astra i like the look of it alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Appleguy wrote: »
    Well i'm exhausted, looking online, have visited 10 + dealers, looked at two private cars for sale and went to a merlin car auction within 24 hours.

Still cant find anything. And to be honest i'm getting tired of dealers talking to me and then taking about 10 phone calls and ignoring me.

Anybody spotted anything nice that meets my criteria on the internet or anywhere around dublin i would be very happy if you could post a link. Thanks

I like:
    Audi TT (00 - 03)

Must be/have:
    1.6 to 1.8 CC no bigger
    3 or 5 door
    CD Player

here you go: http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/TT/200926194429372/advert?channel=CARS

got any q's on it, ask me - I work for the owner !!

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

And to be honest i'm getting tired of dealers talking to me and then taking about 10 phone calls and ignoring me

Yeah, was in rathdown motors last week.
    salesman I was dealing with left me standing there for 15 minutes while he took a call. Was on my lunch break so by the time he finished it was to late for a test drive. Promised me a callback too which never happened.

Advertisement