Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

at the cinema last night

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lol123456

When I went to the cinema for "Titanic" years ago, I paid my friend 20 pounds to LOL during the sad bits.

When there was a poignant scene and the place was quiet, my mate would start laughing his head off. The whole place turned to look at us about 5 times. Thank God there was 6 of us there.

Jaysus, it was the funniest few hours of my life.

I dare everyone on boards to give it a go.

:D:D

hahahahahahaha brilliant! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Antigone05 wrote: »
    reminds me of a time something like this happened to me, but it was a greater level of embarrassment

this was when the 3rd Matrix film was in the cinema (horrible) (not sure, this was a few years back so the films might not be right)

cant remember the cinema, anyways..film was showing in screen 3, myself and my girlfriend made our way to the Q. went in a few minutes later and took our seats.

problem was, our seats were filled, we were confused and just sat down thinking it was a open seat thing.

film kicks in..subtitles start..whhhaaatt?

i know Keanu Reeves can put you to sleep with his f-in' brilliant acting and thought they were 'there to help you keep up with him'

Then some french chick is in some field and i just start laughing and maybe waiting for her to take the blue pill.

a usher (not the singer) is beside us with a clipboard, a pen and a painful look on his face as people are sitting on the steps.

i get his attention and ask him, 'is this not Matrix 3?'

he looks at the clipboard, then at me, scratches his head and says no.

Matrix 3 was on screen 3, which would be beside screen 4 of course.
    Thing was, there was a french film in screen 4 called '3' (cant remember exactly, but you get the idea). We didn't read the sign well enough obviously and got confused.

So we both stood up, heads down..giggling away. Then as we walk across the front the screen about 60 people also stand up, honestly , about 50% of the place stood up.

The entire room applauds, everyone laughs.

Keanu didnt.

Hmmmmmm...... maybe you and your special lady had been getting a bit 'toasty' before heading into the film me thinks, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

and 60 other people???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

nb1zz7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Antigone05 wrote: »
    and 60 other people???

I dunno - National Dimwitted People's Day Out or something? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

i'll have what the op's smoking.

Mary Harney's two week old sock. It's similar to LSD.

Advertisement