Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Am Writer

Options
  • 08-07-2009 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Looking for an artist who is looking for a writer.
    Send me a pm, we can chat, you can take a look at some synopses etc.
    Original Series', Batman storylines....whatever you want, I've got it...

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Are you looking for an artist to put together pitches or just jam? Do you have finished scripts or just ideas? Do you want artistic input to develop projects or are you looking for someone to illustrate finished scripts? Are you planning on self publishing your work or approaching a publisher with it once some or all of the work is complete? Are you able to pay your artist for their work up-front?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Xabs

I'm a very flexible person,
    which is why I suggested that people pm me

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

OK, what I was hoping for was to shed a little light on what you have in mind rather than everything being clear as mud and happening via PM ;) Not that it's a problem to look for interested artists this way, but I would expect that "I'm looking for an artist to work together to develop a mini-series; I plan to self-publish and can offer page rates of €x for the first issue. Contact me if you're interested" would probably be a lot more clear-cut than "I've got stuff in development, and it's brutal. I mean, really brutal. Weird stuff. Butt stuff. PM me so we can meet in this dark alley to discuss it", and therefore more likely to elicit a response.

There's a tendency for a lot of things comic-related, be they conventions or competitions or projects in developments or anything else, to be discussed only in vague terms until the last possible minute. I don't see why you can't lay out specifics on what you're interested in working on with someone and whether it's even paid work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Xabs

What I'm interested in?
    Ok...how about..

I'm looking for a Jim Lee clone, whom I can provide with very vague
    plot instruction, lock in a dark room, come back 48 hours later
    to collect the finished book and give him the taxi fare home...

But since a collaboration isn't about what one person wants....
    I'm flexible ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jmean

not jim lee clone, link to my samples here:
    http://inks.meanwhile.tv
    if my style is what you are looking for get back to me.

thanks

james

• Advertisement
Advertisement