Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband for wicklow town?

Options
  • 08-07-2009 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Im moving to wicklow town (barndarrig to be precise) and Im just wondering if anybody knows which broadband company is best in the area? Ideally would prefer without a phone line as I dont really need one.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I use the Irish Broadband "Breeze" fixed wireless service.
    There is a mast on top of Ballyguile hill for it.

you might see small 6inch square plates on peoples TV antennas's
    thats them
    Runs a cable down my roof/wall through to the PC, no phone line needed

I've a 2MB symetrical connection for €35 per month.

There are probably better options out there but I didnt want a landline either so I'm happy enough with it.

I'd check their website to see if your side is covered by its signal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I also have the breeze 2Mb service (between wicklow town and rathnew) and have few complaints. Their first install was poor and resulted in lots of packet loss and hours on the phone to persuade them it was their fault, but once they sent an engineer out the problem was fixed straight away (moved the installation and changed the equipment) and it's been fine ever since bar the odd moment. I've had it 2 years with few issues. They dont sell the 2Mb option any more from what I can tell, but the 4Mb is €45 ish.

I also have no use for a phoneline and recently looked at the alternative DSL providors but nothing seemed worth changing to.

Advertisement