Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At war with XboxLiveuk76.com

Options
  • 08-07-2009 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I bought a 12 month XBox live subscription from the following website.

XboxLiveuk76.com

They said they would send it to my email address within 8 hours however they have not. I have emailed them twice and no response. I made the payment through paypal, what can I do? I got a receipt number for the transaction from paypal.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Not a BARGAIN ALERT more a Consumer Issue or Online Buying & Auctions thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

cronos wrote: »
    I bought a 12 month XBox live subscription from the following website.

XboxLiveuk76.com

They said they would send it to my email address within 8 hours however they have not. I have emailed them twice and no response. I made the payment through paypal, what can I do? I got a receipt number for the transaction from paypal.

Did you check your junk mail, sometimes the email goes into it. Also when did you place the order was it this morning yesterday or a week ago? I haven't dealt with this crowd but usually it takes 24-48 hours whatever they advertise, you can also go to avforums stick a post in there to get feedback and see if anyone else has had any issues stick a post in on this sub-forum
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/gaming-bargains-discount-codes/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved to OB&A..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Its been 24 hours. I'm more worried that they have not replied to my emails.

Open a PayPal dispute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Do you not have to give it a minimum amount of time before opening a dispute.

I sent a third email saying I was going to contact paypal. That got their attention. At first they said I did not pay. Then I sent them an email with the receipt I got from paypal. Then he said he would check.

Then I received a refund from paypal. He said that my paypal account was not registered and that sometimes their are high fraud rates in these cases.

First off he did not contact me until I said I would get paypal involved and all his emails were very unprofessional.

This guy might be a better bet, he is always on AVforums and looks like he has a good rep http://live-codes.co.uk/

here is a thread on avforums http://www.avforums.com/forums/gaming-bargains-discount-codes/1004165-live-codes-discount-code-not-just-xbl-subscriptions.html

Might be worth contacting him, also there is a lot of fraud with paypal accounts, you should do the registered/confirmed address thing that paypal do, it costs €2 but its credited to your paypal account, a lot of ebay sellers certainly in the US won't deal with people unless they are confirmed address paypal users. Although this guy should have contacted you before hand, and advised you of status.

This guy might be a better bet, he is always on AVforums and looks like he has a good rep http://live-codes.co.uk/

here is a thread on avforums http://www.avforums.com/forums/gaming-bargains-discount-codes/1004165-live-codes-discount-code-not-just-xbl-subscriptions.html

Might be worth contacting him, also there is a lot of fraud with paypal accounts, you should do the registered/confirmed address thing that paypal do, it costs €2 but its credited to your paypal account, a lot of ebay sellers certainly in the US won't deal with people unless they are confirmed address paypal users. Although this guy should have contacted you before hand, and advised you of status.

I just found his emails really unprofessional. I will just register if it makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'm still having bother with him, the code he sold me a couple of weeks ago has already been used, might try a paypal sidpute if I don't get a response soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Might be worth contacting him, also there is a lot of fraud with paypal accounts, you should do the registered/confirmed address thing that paypal do, it costs €2 but its credited to your paypal account

You cannot confirm an Irish address, it's simply not possible. All you can do is verify your account, which is what you're thinking of, and it just verifies the credit card on the account. It does very little, if anything, to prevent fraud.

I went with live-codes.co.uk and got a working code straight away. My experience with them was great. Thanks for the recomendation.

I went with live-codes.co.uk and got a working code straight away. My experience with them was great. Thanks for the recomendation.

No probs, glad you got sorted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tommylaws

My friend used xboxlive766 5 days ago, took 2 days for the code to arrive. When it did come the code was invaild. He rang Microsoft and code had been used 5 days before he even bought the code!

He emailed them numerous times no reply to emails.

He is in the process of doing a dispute. Will keep you updated.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I used them last month.
    Paid, checked email and the code was already there.
    Was that fast that it made me suspicious :pac:

later used them for microsoft point, same story. Incredibly fast and no hassle whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ToweringBog

My experience was fine, reply wasn't immediate, it took a an hour or so, but it did arrive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement