Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw 7, 8 and Maybe 9!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I hate that this is helping them be successful which causes others to follow suit instead of actual imaginative horrors being attempted

I think any filmmakers who'd hop on the latest bandwagon probably aren't going to do anything innovative and imaginative anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Do people still care?

It's like the Terminator series at this stage. It's only enjoyable because our expectations have been lowered so much.
    I think any filmmakers who'd hop on the latest bandwagon probably aren't going to do anything innovative and imaginative anyways.
    Can this band wagon still be called the 'latest' bandwagon.
    How long has originality been dead now?

Can this band wagon still be called the 'latest' bandwagon.
    How long has originality been dead now?

Well, any bandwagon hopper in general. People who churned out the scream cash-ins like I Know What You Did Last Summer and Urban Legend weren't exactly in danger of making a decent film.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well, any bandwagon hopper in general. People who churned out the scream cash-ins like I Know What You Did Last Summer and Urban Legend weren't exactly in danger of making a decent film.

True that.
    I wonder if these 'makers' actually have 'un-imaginative' written on their resumés.
    I'd love to see a film company called 'un-imaginative productions', or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

They might not but others could have been given the chance if budgets wernt wasted on this shite.

A lot of ifs I know but a guy can dream :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Wow... Never saw that coming!

There's a copy of Saw 4 or 5 knocking about my flat that nobody wants to claim as their own, let alone actually watch!
    As has been said before, the first was pretty damn good but after that it was a steady downward decline in quality... I gave up after 3 (wouldn't have even bothered watching that, but some friends stuck it on during a drunken movie night...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

BTW Saw 6 Trailer out now!
    =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭siobhank

ah here I gave up after Saw III. Maybe I'm not the most observant but seemed they just made up characters that I'd never seen before.
    Wouldn't be averse to a Hostel III though!

siobhank wrote: »
    ah here I gave up after Saw III. Maybe I'm not the most observant but seemed they just made up characters that I'd never seen before.
    Wouldn't be averse to a Hostel III though!
    DEFO, HOSTEL 3 WOULD OWN! Gotta <3 Hostel =]

• Advertisement

Saw v Hostel...hmmm for me it would have to be saw, love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭siobhank

Saw I and II great; very imaginative premise, totally overdone thereafter and blighted by ridiculous plots/characters.
    Loved both Hostels, far more of an indie film feel about them, evoked different emotions of sadness, disgust, sympathy etc unlike Saw franchise. Hostel III would be great.
    NB what kind of cool job would it be coming up with the games for Saw though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Saw is over rated but enjoyable enough.Its sequels get crapper every year.

Hostel is enjoyable.
    Hostel 2 save for the Countess Bathory and castration scenes sucks.

The score card reads

Saw
    1 average movie,4 sh1te ones.

Hostel
    1 average movie,1 sh1te one.

Hostel wins.

Some threads merged. No need for a ****load of Saw related spam, the film series is annoying enough as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

skaterboy wrote: »
    Looks BRILL!

Any wonder there are so many horror sequels and remakes.

Target audience defined in 2 posts.

Sigh.

The poster is pretty sweet.

85832.jpg

That is a pretty cool poster. Pity the film has a very slim chance of being any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

*Headbutts desk*.......................................*repeatedly*

Lets not turn this into a thread to bash someone's taste in films please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ah the Saw marketing team with their false advertising rares its' ugly head again. No, the story will not come full circle you lying bastards, you plan on milking this franchise for another 3 films at least.

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Ah the Saw marketing team with their false advertising rares its' ugly head again. No, the story will not come full circle you lying bastards, you plan on milking this franchise for another 3 films at least.
    lol true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

It is pretty much an empty marketing phrase isn't it?

I fail to see exactly how it will come full circle.

Will Jigsaw somehow be on the receiving end of some ingenious torture methods? Might have to involve time travel.

Or maybe the annoying puppet will be caught and dismembered slowly.

MikeC101 wrote: »

Will Jigsaw somehow be on the receiving end of some ingenious torture methods?

Or maybe the annoying puppet will be caught and dismembered slowly.
    That'd be worth watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

This is exactly what i was thinking when i saw the poster. I do feel the series has gone downhill however i do enjoy these films. I dont see how their going to stretch the jigsaw story out for another 4 films.

Eamo87 wrote: »
    This is exactly what i was thinking when i saw the poster. I do feel the series has gone downhill however i do enjoy these films. I dont see how their going to stretch the jigsaw story out for another 4 films.
    He'll probably come back as a ghost or demon or some bullsh1t like that.
    If they want money theyll make up sum sh1t like that.

He'll probably come back as a ghost or demon or some bullsh1t like that.
    If they want money theyll make up sum sh1t like that.

No they won't. As bad as the films have become the one thing they have not done is turn Jigsaw into a joke and that is something which they desere credit for. Watched back to back with the other films Saw 5 actually works really well, it fills in a lot of gaps and explains a number of things. Sure at this stage the franchise is a pure money making exercise but as long as the traps are inventive I'll give each film a chance.

No they won't. As bad as the films have become the one thing they have not done is turn Jigsaw into a joke and that is something which they desere credit for. Watched back to back with the other films Saw 5 actually works really well, it fills in a lot of gaps and explains a number of things. Sure at this stage the franchise is a pure money making exercise but as long as the traps are inventive I'll give each film a chance.
    True...youre an xpert!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 GlobalStranger

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Hmm...why do I get the feeling I Saw this already today.

• Advertisement

Seriously another Saw thread.What's this, the fourth or fifth one in the last 24 hours?

Advertisement