Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cider brewing questions

Options
  • 08-07-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I bought one of them brewing kits last week and started with john bull cider! I checked the hydrometer before which was 1.045 which was fine! its now 6 days later and the reading is at 1.020. (I wanted to check coz it didnt bubble half as much as a friends one did so wanted to check if yeast was working)

This normal or should i what do i do ?

Edit: Friends one is now at 1.005 even though we both did them identical!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeast work according to all sorts of factors, temperature especially. It sounds fine. Check it again in a couple of days, and if it's the same then you're done -- time to bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

Nice one! Thanks! Its been at pretty much 21 degrees the whole time! I will leave it another 2 or 3 days and check again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Gently rouse up the yeast and give it another week or two to ferment out

Advertisement