Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bath time

Options
  • 08-07-2009 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

just a quick question- how do you rinse the shampoo out of your toddlers hair?!
    when my one was a baby she'd get away with just a damp cloth over her head but now she has hair she needs shampoo and she wont let me rinse it without kicking up a fuss!
    theres no chance of her keeping a shampoo shield on! any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,350 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

~me~ wrote: »
    just a quick question- how do you rinse the shampoo out of your toddlers hair?!
    when my one was a baby she'd get away with just a damp cloth over her head but now she has hair she needs shampoo and she wont let me rinse it without kicking up a fuss!
    theres no chance of her keeping a shampoo shield on! any ideas?

ah the memories , if in a bath , I used to just put my thumb and forefinger across the top of the forehead and get them to look up at the ceiling, just used a cup to rince the head

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

yeh i use a sponge and squeeze the water onto her head to rinse but shes on to me when i tell her to look up and she just says no mammy! when she sees me getting ready to rinse she watches me like a hawk and tells me to stop! ive resorted to just doing it but i feel cruel when she gets water in her eyes! shes too young to understand that it needs to be rinsed and she actually loves getting the shampoo done :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

~me~ wrote: »
    yeh i use a sponge and squeeze the water onto her head to rinse but shes on to me when i tell her to look up and she just says no mammy! when she sees me getting ready to rinse she watches me like a hawk and tells me to stop! ive resorted to just doing it but i feel cruel when she gets water in her eyes! shes too young to understand that it needs to be rinsed and she actually loves getting the shampoo done :rolleyes:

Put Vaseline on her eyebrows and the water runs down the side of her face rather than into her eyes.

kizzyr, fair play, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭jackell

get googles.i got swimming googles put them on my son,wash his hair no prob's now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

OP I resorted to the same thing rinsing as quickly as I could but felt really bad....

eventually I helped build up her confidence to lie down in the bath so most rinsed itself and just needed a little splash for the forehead..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

flynnc8 wrote: »
    OP I resorted to the same thing rinsing as quickly as I could but felt really bad....

eventually I helped build up her confidence to lie down in the bath so most rinsed itself and just needed a little splash for the forehead..

This works for me too, or the swimming goggles option.

thanks for all the advice everyone! i think i'll try them all out! and probably alternate when she cops on! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

jackell wrote: »
    get googles.i got swimming googles put them on my son,wash his hair no prob's now

this is sheer brilliance! Simple but brilliant, can imagine my young lad in the bath now thinking he's part of a lunar landing

Advertisement