Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Limit Increase?

Options
  • 08-07-2009 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone has recently asked their bank/credit card company for a limit increase. If so, was it approved?

I was thinking about requesting my limit be increased but I'm just wondering in these economic times that it might not be so easy. I'm also wondering if there's any connection between your limit and how much you have in your bank account? I have my bank account and credit card with Bank of Ireland.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Asked for my limit to be increased last week and had the letter of approval 2 days later.
    Bank of Ireland as well. Just wanted a bit more to cover possible emergencies on holidays. Might have helped that credit card is always paid off in full every month.

CC

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I can raise my limit online with AIB every 6 months and id it about 3 months ago and was approved straightaway.

Advertisement