Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lense for a canon g9

• 08-07-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Hi There

I have and use alot the canon G9, i quite like it and i use it with a canon mp830 printer and all my A4 photos look quite good. But i wanted to expand the capabilities and started to look and lenses and filters, a decent search online has sent me running to boards for advice, advice on which lenses are good with the G9, or may be give up digital and get a decent beginner slr, and advice is very much appreciated

Dec

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

You cant use different lenses on the G9, only adapters as far as Im aware, like a 0.7 telewide lens adapter or the likes.
    Something like this

You'd have to go full fledged SLR to be able to interchange lenses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

ok thats good, i have been leaning to the slr side now but in all honesty i have never had anything other than pure digital, i just dont want to walk into a camera shop blind as a bat to what i actually need vs what they want to sell me. with the g9 as a trade in what would be a good beginner slr?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

The Canon G9 is a highly regarded camera and holds its value very well. I would go the ebay route or the likes to get the most cash back out of it as tradce-ins may not give you the full amount...I suppose you could go and see what they are willing to offer you for a direct trade or cash discount against a new SLR...Or hold on to it permanently as a backup...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

xgtdec wrote: »
    ... i have been leaning to the slr side now but in all honesty i have never had anything other than pure digital,...

Just to clear this sentence before you go to a shop.;)
    SLR and digital don't contradict.

But it is either SLR or compact/point&shoot.
    And if you don't use digital you would use film.

Sorry if that sounds picky. I didn't mean to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Let me know what they offer you for the G9... wouldn't mind a pocket-able camera myself if you're looking to offload it... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement