Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking News: The Virgin Mary appears on a tree in Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

panda100 wrote: »
    Im down in Rathkeale visiting the rents at the moment, I swear there is never a dull moment in this town!

Just went to see the 'apparition'.
    About 100 cars parked outside.
    Photographers and reporters everywhere.
    Theres a vigil around the tree stump of about 60 people saying the rosary.
    Theres a queue of about 40 people waiting for a blessing of some healing eucharist minister.

Storys doing the rounds are that they tried to cut down the tree earlier and the saw broke. Then when they tried to saw it again It didnt even make a dent in the tree.The settled Rathkeale travellers have said that If they want to cut down the tree then they'll have to get through them first.

Il be back tommorow selling holy water bottles and rosary beads!

Better register copyright quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Im down in Rathkeale visiting the rents at the moment, I swear there is never a dull moment in this town!

Theres a queue of about 40 people waiting for a blessing of some healing eucharist minister.

Storys doing the rounds are that they tried to cut down the tree earlier and the saw broke. Then when they tried to saw it again It didnt even make a dent in the tree.The settled Rathkeale travellers have said that If they want to cut down the tree then they'll have to get through them first.

And the rents are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Terry wrote: »
    And the rents are?

The parents....get with the lingo Terry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Seaneh wrote: »
    You catholics are all mental...

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Terry wrote: »
    And the rents are?

The landlords have to pay you €200 a week, it's the only way that anyone would live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sorry have to say it

'will it still be a class three relic when they .....remove it'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

masonman wrote: »
    And I though Mayo People were the only cute hoors with balls enough to try it..

Nice try, but it ain't no Knock
    Or Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

sorry have to say it

'will it still be a class three relic when they .....remove it'

That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Tree is well ****ed after being cut to size, so no more talk about talk about virgin,:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

It's actually a beautiful shaped piece of wood. But I'd have as much belief in it being the tooth fairy as mary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Pack of eejits...

You really should try to flog some crap to them, if they're worshipping a tree stump I'm sure you could sell them any old sh*te.

Pack of eejits...

You really should try to flog some crap to them, if they're worshipping a tree stump I'm sure you could sell them anything.

I'm sure there are many in Rathkeel who will see an opening to make some cash.:rolleyes:

Just saw the picture, i hope the lit candle doesn't burn the tree down.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Pack of eejits...

You really should try to flog some crap to them, if they're worshipping a tree stump I'm sure you could sell them any old sh*te.

Just cut off a few pieces of bark from a tree in our back garden. Gonna flog it for €20 a pop tommorow as wood from the miracle tree.
    Im gonna be a millionaire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Just cut off a few pieces of bark from a tree in our back garden. Gonna flog it for €20 a pop tommorow as wood from the miracle tree.
    Im gonna be a millionaire!

Must be a big tree! You're going to need to sell about 50,000 bits of bark to break a million. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

My mam told me that something like this happened in cork a while back. People claimed that a statue of mary was crying blood tears or something. Loads of people came to see it. Turned out to be a hoax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The parents....get with the lingo Terry :)

See. It wasn't that hard to type two extra letters, was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

galwayrush wrote: »
    I'm sure there are many in Rathkeel who will see an opening to make some cash.:rolleyes:

Its Rathkeale, look up a map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

(See 2.44)

How yer boss could ya tell us the way to the holy stump of Rathkeale, we've a load of rosary beads in the back of the hiace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

masonman wrote: »
    And I though Mayo People were the only cute hoors with balls enough to try it..

Nice try, but it ain't no Knock

It's a little bit like Knock, Knock-on-Wood

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

....and they laugh at the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

It has just been announced saps landscapes have got the contract. Apparently there is a huge amount of saps in the area.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I think it looks more like Michael Jackson than the Vergin Mary. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i taught we were beyond this type of malarky

are we still backward?????

we'll be a laughing stock again......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJWf4Ri5a-Y&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

what a load of bollox, we all know there are no virgins in limerick

LOL:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

fryup wrote: »
    i taught we were beyond this type of malarky

are we still backward?????

Jesus, there is not a country in the world that does not have reported incidents of this kind of crap. It's hardly exclusive to Ireland, nor is it an indicator of the mindset of the entire population.

You seem to be happy enough to bundle yourself into the same pile as these spiritually bowlegged and crutch needing weirdo's, but don't but me in there.

"We" indeed.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I see a peace of wood. God bother's....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

is this surprising? there are statues all over the place asserting that a lady who lived 2000 years ago in and around nazereth has appeared to youngsters in lourdes and fatima...and discussed the choices made in russia after the overthrow of the cruel tsars of russia...??

what is the difference between lourdes fatima and the tree at rathkeale?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

A spokesman for the Limerick diocesan office said the “church’s response to phenomena of this type is one of great scepticism”.
    “While we do not wish in any way to detract from devotion to Our Lady, we would also wish to avoid anything which might lead to superstition,” he said.
    Heh. This coming from the guys who think they can turn bread into the flesh of a 2000 year old Jewish zombie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

what is the difference between lourdes fatima and the tree at rathkeale?

If reports are correct, The Rathkeale tree appears to be currently guarded by a gang of "Holy"-tree hugging tinkers.

A very select group indeed.

"Thats de difference boss"

unfair if the vatican did not send over the staff who work with the paranormal.......after all the vatican officially accepts that a lady who died 2009 years ago has officially appeared at lourdes and fatima during the cold war.....

are a group of our nomadic community less worthy than some farmer's children in lourdes and fatima...?

who can second guess where this north african lady might choose to appear next?

i like the gospels, i like how helpful they can be on a day to day basis....if we have statues all over the place recording the tendency of Mary to pop up unannounced who can criticise these good people in rathkeale...??

my favourite line from the west wing tv series is when president bartlett says: we do not use our belief in God to avoid dealing with the challenges we face on a day to day basis...

we seem to get an upsurge in these things when we need to have our wits about us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I wonder can I get a queue of lovely ladies to worship my bit of wood each morning ? It's a more magnificent site than that little stump. I just ask them not to bring lit candles, wax can be right difficult to get out of pubes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

What an appropriate name for a Priest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

As the headline above, the holy stump will soon join the likes of the Holy Stone of Clonrichert and other famous relics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Do you not think its weird the Virgin appearing on Wood!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Local parish priest Fr Willie Russell said on radio station Limerick Live 95FM yesterday that people should not worship the tree. “There’s nothing there . . . it’s just a tree . . . you can’t worship a tree.”

A spokesman for the Limerick diocesan office said the “church’s response to phenomena of this type is one of great scepticism”.

“While we do not wish in any way to detract from devotion to Our Lady, we would also wish to avoid anything which might lead to superstition,” he said.

Too much irony for a mere three paragraphs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I would also like to say that mary isnt a virgin, seriously angels didn't come down and plant god magic seed Joseph gave her one in front of the donkey!!!

and the wise men where probably pissed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Apparently, they've found a second tree around a mile away. This is getting freaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Apparently, they've found a second tree around a mile away. This is getting freaky.

two trees in Rathkeel.....freaky...

lourdes has become an important location for the RC Church

wiki: 'Pope John Paul II visited the shrine twice on 15 August 1983 and 14-15 August 2004. In 2007, Pope Benedict XVI authorized special indulgences to mark the 150th anniversary of Our Lady of Lourdes.[2]'

puzzling as a catholic chappie on the last word said the vatican has never officially recognized Lourdes,

should mr ratzinger come to rathkeale?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Well it's no Tom Selleck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Pope Benedict could pop over get himself some new gates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

idiots

Serious question, what happened to the other half of the trunk that was cut away, surely there is a matching image on that piece, ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

IT'S A F*CKING VAGUELY HUMANOID BLOB.

Vrigin Mary... argh.

*emigrates*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

worshiping our lady's tree stump? Drugs warfare, religious hysteria, mass unemployment...is limerick the new mexico?

you know, looking at it closely it sort of reminds me of this...

• Advertisement
Advertisement