Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking News: The Virgin Mary appears on a tree in Limerick

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Sleipnir wrote: »
    It's on the front of the Sky News website....Cringe.......

*shakes head* :o

Heard the best story yet earlier. Some "fella" who was due to go to the Regional Hospital for Dialysis today, visited the stump yesterday and has now 100% recovered :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

*shakes head* :o

Heard the best story yet earlier. Some "fella" who was due to go to the Regional Hospital for Dialysis today, visited the stump yesterday and has now 100% recovered :rolleyes:

well i've got a rash on my mickey...wonder should i go:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

fryup wrote: »

Does the rash resemble anyone?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭PistolPete78

Sportacus wrote: »
    Its no Holy stone of Clonrichert!
    its more like st Kevins Stump...... haha,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

its more like st Kevins Stump...... haha,,,

Indeed it is as I posted earlier!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

But parish priest Father Willie Russell has urged people not to worship the tree.
    "There's nothing there . . . it's just a tree . . . you can't worship a tree," he told a local radio station.

A spokesman for the Catholic Church in Limerick said its reaction to the discovery was "one of great scepticism".

The Church seems to be quite reasonable on it actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Sleipnir wrote: »
    It's on the front of the Sky News website....Cringe.......
    They must have been having a VERY slow news day!
    I'd say the tabloids are lapping this up.
    Apparently 2,000 people have signed a petition in order to stop the stump being removed and others have gone to pray at it, people from all around the country. I'm glad random things like this happen, provides a few funny jokes and provides a bit of comic relief from the doom and gloom in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Fair play to Father Russell, alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I have to apologise for the majority of Co.Limerick. You see, once you get outside the city, eveyone kind of gets a bit soft in the head. I've taken ****s that look more like Rick Astley than that tree resembles anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 samantha2000

I think all of us from boards should organise a pilgrimage to the stump. I'll make the sambo's, but you all have to chip in for the booze. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Don't worry OP,
    Recession humbles the masses.
    Live and learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I think all of us from boards should organise a pilgrimage to the stump. I'll make the sambo's, but you all have to chip in for the booze. :cool:
    Just leave the booze here and you can go....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I propose getting together and chartering a bus. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Only if you toast them with this:

http://plainfront.com/theholytoaster/

or stamp the toast with this:

http://www.baronbob.com/holytoast-breadstamper.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

This would be kind of fun. Tempting, tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You won't need many sandwiches. You can work miracles with a few loaves and a bit of fish-paste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

fryup wrote: »

Get down there and rub your mickey all over the stump. Guaranteed cure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

for what?
    exhibitionism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

darkman2 wrote: »
    I recall people telling me that in the 80's recession the country was a made a laughing stock internationally with reports like this and thousands of people actually believing it. I think the country looks stupid enough as it is without this again.

Are you for real? This kind of stuff happens all over the world.

Need I remention the Jesus in the Marmite Jar?
    Or the Virgin Mary in the bark of a tree in Toronto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Theres nothing there

I dont see s**t

• Advertisement

Jokes aside, I blame the Catholic Church for all this nonsense, It is a religion based on pagan imagery and superstition. Graven Images are condemned outright throughout scripture.

One cannot walk into any Catholic Church without tripping over statues . Do you know that the Church deliberatly Altered the second commandment so that they could fill their churches with idols so what do you expect when someone sees a lump of wood that resembles something that one would only find in a Catholic Church.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God,. (Exodus 20:4-6)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God,. (Exodus 20:4-6)

That's class, I'm gonna use that on my missus "For I the Lord thy God am a jealous hubby so stop talking to your mother".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Jakkass wrote: »
    Need I remention the Jesus in the Marmite Jar?
    Ah, they kept the lid but ate the marmite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Mary in a tree, jesus in marmite jars.

hmmm i think i'll have a sandwich and start a fire

People should cop on and realise that Rathkeale has one of the highest populations of travellers per capita than any other town in Ireland. These folk are also very superstitious. No doubt these people will be cheerleading this event to make as much cash out of it as possible with their chip vans, guided tours, stalls etc. They might even make an offer to buy the church as they have done already with most of the pubs in that town. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭sqlpod

Ahh cop on now lad's, sure doesn't the good church want to bring 'Benny the Rat' over for a visit, their desperate...
    next they will be claiming that a Mr Softy ice cream turned upside down look's like Jesus's beard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

There could be somethin in this though lads.....................

....probably not though in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Took this photo in Herbert part, Dublin 4 @ the weekend....Wonder if it's a money tree....€€€€€

3741670451_829bd09519.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

l pearse wrote: »
    Took this photo in Herbert part, Dublin 4 @ the weekend....Wonder if it's a money tree....€€€€€

3739963047_38921dcc15_b.jpg
    Just looks like a normal tree to me bud

Nice picture though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Dave! wrote: »
    Just looks like a normal tree to me bud

Nice picture though

I think you are supposed to see Jesus being crucified, at least thats what I see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

what a crock of sh1te,how could you believe that
    not one person there wearing a stab/bullet proof vest no pie-balls

no way is that limerick

and everyone knows the virgin mary tap dances to get her message out,thats why she's still in ballinspittle,move to limerick ptff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

God has no willy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

wonder could you swap it for an identical mock up tree-stump mary with a speaker and receiver built in.
    then you could control the imbeciles of limerick.
    faaaarmer o'flaaaherty ride old mrs o'shea from the caaaake shooop.
    I DONT CARE IF SHE SAYS NO IM THE VIRGIN AND YOU'll DO WHAT YOUR TOLD.
    what do you mean you cant get it up, here rub it off me. your infliction shall be healed.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭LoopyL

The preists in Rathkeale want nothing to do with this tree stump but the travellers told them if they cut it down they'll burn the preists out of their home!!! :eek:

Advertisement