Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can household clutter be put in a skip?

Options
  • 08-07-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi there - am just wondering if anyone knows what kind of waste is allowed in a skip - can you put in household clutter like ornaments, cd holders, old luggage etc.? Maybe someone would know where i could get a list of things that are allowed - thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Payton

You can put everything in to a skip, but in these hard time anything that you might not want try and put it on the adverts.ie site and get a few euro for it and it might pay a little towards the skip or even a smaller one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wildwolf1

Thanks @ontheverge - i plan to recycle what i can, and put the rest on freecycle, but a lot of what i have is junk i don't think anyone will want it - i just don't want to fill it with stuff and then be told they don't take it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

Certain household waste cannot be placed in skips. Such as:
    • Fridges or freezers
    • Fluorescent tubes
    • Old paint cans - even if empty
    • Gas Cylinders or any other type of pressurised container
    • Asbestos
    • Batteries
    • Petrol, diesel or oil contaminated waste
    • Chemical waste such as insecticides, medicines, herbicides, white spirits, etc.
    • Electrical Goods (WEEE)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wildwolf1

cheers helltoupee - very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 steve09

Don't throw it out if it's good , give it away on www.freebiesireland.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement