Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Xbox

• 08-07-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

I have an original Xbox, and a fair amount of games for it, some good (medal of honor, halo etc) some not so good - I haven't used it in a long long time and I was considering getting rid of it. Does anyone know whether any of the game shops would be interested in taking it off of me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

recycling center sadly

get it modded and you will have a remote controlled divx player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Sell the lot on ebay or adverts.ie for €40-50. Clear space in the house + get cash for something else..

That's what I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭irish_ninja

Ask gamestop, if you buy something they might do something for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Put XBMC on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Put XBMC on it.

+1 for the idea. the SD best media player ever, pity it can't handle HD. Still going strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any way to hook XBMC up as USB these days or do you still have to use the network cable and FTP program? That was the major drawback for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Prenderb wrote: »
    I have an original Xbox, and a fair amount of games for it, some good (medal of honor, halo etc) some not so good - I haven't used it in a long long time and I was considering getting rid of it. Does anyone know whether any of the game shops would be interested in taking it off of me?
    hey i might be interested in taking a few games off you medal of honor etc can you pm me a list if games and we can arrange a price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Put XBMC on it.

Gets my vote. Great for the bedroom. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

docentore wrote: »
    +1 for the idea. the SD best media player ever, pity it can't handle HD. Still going strong

I have mine running at 1280 x 720P NTSC via component cable :D .

Dont sell it just to get SFA for it, as said above put XBMC and a lge hdd in it and use it - i have 1 on every TV in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sorry for bumping an old thread but not really worth it's own...

Doing a clear out of the parents' place and found about 12 original Xbox games, where would be the best place to trade/sell these? They are mostly muck kids games so not expecting loads for them but would be nice to get something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

You might be lucky to get a few quid for them but they arent worth much these days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Put them on adverts.ie

Locking zombie thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement