Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Trees

Options
  • 08-07-2009 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Is it my imagination or does the Grove phase 2 have a few additional trees on the green ? They seem to be strategically placed around the middle to hinder the children from playing football

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

FVC wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or does the Grove phase 2 have a few additional trees on the green ? They seem to be strategically placed around the middle to hinder the children from playing football

If you dont like it... leaf

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Skelly88

I have to agree FVS, it does appear that the only safe place the kids have to play is beginning to take on the look of a jungle. Looks like a deliberate attempt to stop children at play if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Im not sure where you are talking about, but you could well be right.

There is a definate movement amongst property developers to stop greens being used for football. Look at the greens in newish developments. They nearly all have needlessly rolling hills on them.

I know for a fact it was done in Blacklion Manor. I suspect the same thing from Eden gate.

Sad disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I live on this green, I don't think they've planted any extra trees this year, though they have done in the past. The "No Football" signs that were put up have been removed in the last month or so.

One of the problems is that the other greens in Grove\Park are mostly raised so are not suitable for playing on, though having said that, most of the kids playing on our green (including my own) are from the surrounding houses.

Advertisement