Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6700

• 08-07-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hoping to get a new phone this week and was looking on Meteor's site and they've got the Nokia 6700 on it.I think its the updated version of the 6300 and was wondering if any of you have got it or heard anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its just brand new, only out a few weeks. Key point is that it has a 5MP camera, and it is a follow on from the 6300, hopefully much improved. Its specs are definitely improved than the 6300, it has 170mb internal memory verus 8mb! It can also take microSD card ups to 8gb but what it lacks is wlan. (not that the 6300 had it :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭paulski999

Does anyone know if Meteor supply anything other than the "chrome" model, nokia.ie says its available in matt steel or black and the chrome looks crap IMO Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I just got one the other day, seems like a nice phone, nothing really special. The only thing I did notice is that the camera responce times seem to be quite good, especially compared to older models of phones.
    I'm am quite happy with it at the moment.
    The only thing to really complain about but this seems to be issue with all the nokia's I have seen with GPS is that I have yet to see one working with the assisted GPS option been switched on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i've only held the dummy model and it weighs a ton, is the real version just as heavy?

Nice bit of weight, but I kind of like that. Feels nice, however I know that the shiny metal will start to annoy me soon, with smudges and fingerprints. Still happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭paulski999

Is there any other colour options - other than chrome?? I emailed Meteor and they said - "Regarding colours on this handset, there is one colour available on the Meteor Network"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

It also comes in black however I do not know if meteor sell anything other than the chrome. Suggest trying carphone as they might have a better selection. lucky I did not want any other colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

paulski999 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Meteor supply anything other than the "chrome" model, nokia.ie says its available in matt steel or black and the chrome looks crap IMO Thanks

Simfree? Wait till vodafone launch theirs?

Advertisement