Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do next Sunday..

Options
  • 08-07-2009 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Story so far..

I've been let down really badly with my allocation of tickets for the Dublin -V- Kildare game in Croker (first time in years I've been let down tbh).

I promised my daughter, she's 13 that I'd have tickets and it was going to be her first game - she bought all her stuff for match day, ie hat, face paint etc..

So I've promised that if a ticket didn't turn up by any other mean's I'd still make it a fun & exciting day, something out of the ordinary.

I feel so bad, feeling that I've let her down so I'd love to go all out and make Sunday really exciting, any suggestions?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Tomm0

Not sure if I'm missing something here but couldn't you just buy tickets? They're still available at Ticketmaster.

I'm in two minds whether to go myself - I've only lived in Dublin for 6 weeks or so, and have been to the last two games, but I'm not sure if that entitles me to deprive a lifelong Dub of a final ticket?
    Being English probably doesn't help my case either?

Cheers

T

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Well, if she's all kitted up, I'd head along, the athmosphere will be something to enjoy :)

I think things like the zoo would be a bit boring in comparision, unless you want to bring her out quading or the like (There's places like Quad Attack in Wexford a few hours down the road, that have facilities for kids!) - or maybe there's go-karting around... I mean, I know they're not the stereotypical things for a 13 year old girl to do, but at least they're exciting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

There is a circus festival in Temple bar, details here http://www.templebar.ie/home_nav_2_t_14.html Photo op Fajitas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I don't have kids, so forgive me if this is way off....

This could be a weird one, but the bodies exhibition looks good, I'm going on Saturday, not everyones cup of tea, and some controversy over where the bodies came from, but....

http://www.bodiesdublin.com/

You weight train, don't you? Might be interesting for you then.

The Sea-Safari is pricey, but if she's doesn't go out in the bay much it could be a real treat.

Slap up dinner afterwards in Pintos? Cheap and really good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Tomm0 wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm missing something here but couldn't you just buy tickets? They're still available at Ticketmaster.

I'm in two minds whether to go myself - I've only lived in Dublin for 6 weeks or so, and have been to the last two games, but I'm not sure if that entitles me to deprive a lifelong Dub of a final ticket?

Cheers

T
    you wont be depriving any lifelong dub of a ticket. he will already have his long in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I GOT TICKETS :P

First time in years I've been let down, basically I get my tickets through the Defence Forces Athletic Association but my allocation somwhow went to someone else :mad: (heads will roll).

Then listening to Gerry Ryan this morning and a spokesman from the GAA announced there was a limited number of tickets available at the ticket office in Drumcondra - Marto beats a track down and secure's tickets for himself and the little lady (and a big hug from her too).

Happy fecking days are here again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

There's your reason to go!.

And as someone said, long life Dub's supporters will usually have their tickets looked after well in advance (like me :) - then let down).

There'll be more tickets returned from the counties later today so far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Tomm0

Bought my tickets today from Ticketmaster - still plenty available, so like you've said, I can't feel too guilty about depriving anyone.

Any suggestions as to pre match pubs? Was in the Sunset House last time, which gave Mrs Tomm0 the impression that ladies toilets were a bit of a superfluous inconvenience...
    Guinness was good though.

Should I be asking this question in a different forum? Sorry - new to all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

Bought my tickets today from Ticketmaster - still plenty available, so like you've said, I can't feel too guilty about depriving anyone.

Any suggestions as to pre match pubs? Was in the Sunset House last time, which gave Mrs Tomm0 the impression that ladies toilets were a bit of a superfluous inconvenience...
    Guinness was good though.

Should I be asking this question in a different forum? Sorry - new to all this.

The Sunset is a kip!! Walk on down to Ballybough and try "the players lounge" (its huge, 60+ big screens for sport and good Guinness with a small beer garden) or if its sunny out "the ballybough house" has a huge beer garden - I've never been that side of Croker before a game but both would be better than the Sunset!!
    If your the other side of Croker alot of people go to "Quinns" but it does be rammed packed, I go to "Fagans" in Drumcondra, doesn't be as mad and the Guinness is grand ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Go to mass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement