Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony MEX-BT2700 (BUS in)

• 08-07-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi guys, I've just bought and installed this head-unit, which I'm thoroughly impressed with. My only question about it is the BUS audio input, on the back.

Now, I've constantly got an mp3 player in the car and would love to wire it up through this back input, to hide all the wires and whatnot. Only problem is that I can't select that audio input manually. Because I don't have a CD changer, I'm assuming that this option only becomes available if you've also got a BUS control input also, but I can't test this, obviously.

Do any of you knowledgeable folk know of a way that I can get the unit to select this? (pretty strange that it isn't available as an extra input, if you ask me)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,480 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think that input (Unilink) is for a Sony digital receiver and Sony Ipod adaptor.

think this is the adaptor?
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yMArJwCvfMR/p_158XA110IP/Sony-XA-110IP-iPod-Interface-Adapter.html

Selecting it should be just a matter of pressing the Source button, Ipod should then come up as 'PDI' or 'PD1' on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seaders

I'm not 100% sure. In the install manual,
    http://www.docs.sony.com/release/MEXBT2700_install.pdf

it says that you could have a CD changer as well as a satellite radio thingy. I've not got an iPod, though, one way or another, I've an Archos 5, so that wouldn't really do me, anyway. Unless, of course, if I get that, it'll get that selection on the radio, if you get me.

would you be happy with just audio in, or do you want to control the device too?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    would you be happy with just audio in, or do you want to control the device too?

audio in is all that I want, the device is a touch-screen, so that's the only way I'll be controlling it. you got an idea?

yeah, I have ya.

think you need a Sony XA 300 adaptor.

Reckon Sony are being crafty with this one. doubt you can fool the headunit into taking the input any other way.

major pain, but makes your system really expandable.

• Advertisement

fecking hell, cheapest out there in eBay is €60+. buggering stereo manufacturers (I was about to say Sony, but I think Pioneer are the same), the input is there, why not just let us use it how we want to?

to be fair to Sony, they've given you 2 MP3 input options:

front 3.5mm jack for generic MP3
    ipod cable for Apple ipod

(fair enough I got those 2 AND a rear RCA input on mine :D )

bit of a pain when the hardware is there alright.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    to be fair to Sony, they've given you 2 MP3 input options:

front 3.5mm jack for generic MP3
    ipod cable for Apple ipod

(fair enough I got those 2 AND a rear RCA input on mine :D )

bit of a pain when the hardware is there alright.

ehh, well, I did only buy it today, off of Argos, who of course have their 'no quibble' 16 day return policy. would you recommend a good Pioneer one, which would give an input for steering wheel controls, too?

in fact I've decided that it's probably easiest if I just get that iPod thing, found a seller on eBay that's doing it for €22 all in. thanks for the help colm.

Advertisement