Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 100 best fights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

This is being shown on all this week on Spike and Fuel TV (sorry but not sure what channel is ireland)

Was reading this yesterday in relation to this list....

David Meltzer comments on the UFC Top 100 Fights of all time count down which is set to begin this week on Spike TV:

"I am told the five-part show, which concludes an hour before UFC 100, is very good. As for the list, let's just say it's so petty that they didn't even allow fans to vote for the fight that was No. 2 (Frank Shamrock vs. Ortiz) in this web site's poll and even No. 7 in their own magazine. Basically, everyone on the outs (Ortiz, Frank Shamrock, Maurice Smith) were not allowed to be voted onto the top 100 by fans unless it's a match they lost, and since Frank Shamrock never lost in UFC, he doesn't appear at all. Ortiz's losses will likely all crack the top 100 but none of his wins were allowed to be voted on."

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Dave-Meltzer-Says-UFC-Top-100-Fights-List-Petty.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

No.100: Paul Kelly v Paul Taylor

Dana says : "Taylor found out Kelly had no ground game, so he took him down and finished the fight"

er....i think you'll find it was Kelly who took Taylor down and finished the fight Dana!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I've been watching this all week, we must be ahead of the states here. Its been great so far, seen up to number 11, so the top 10 is on tonights show.

All the great fights are there, including a few recent ones. (I won't say which, but a fight from 2009 makes it at around 14. (I'd say it'll be fight of the year, unless one of the UFC 100 matches can top it)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Mellor wrote: »
    All the great fights are there, including a few recent ones. (I won't say which, but a fight from 2009 makes it at around 14. (I'd say it'll be fight of the year, unless one of the UFC 100 matches can top it)

Agreed, fight of the year for me also, so far. Very few fights from UFC 50's and under in the top 100. Although I only saw the last 2 shows, so maybe there were more in the higher ranked places.
    I presume this is to do with the current owners wanting to showcase their fights rather than the original UFC fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

murfie wrote: »
    I presume this is to do with the current owners wanting to showcase their fights rather than the original UFC fights.

That's part of it, and there's also some pettiness involved as mentioned in a post above. They let fans vote on the fights, but they could only vote on fights that the UFC would let them vote on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

This is on Setanta Ireland since 9.00 and is going on till 2am, then build up to Ufc100......then Ufc100 wa-hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Have been watchin this tonight since 96. Jzuz Dana doesn't hold back on slagging Tito.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Watching this aswell.....they will probably be best friends in a few months....also Karo Parysian really knows how to make a story out of nothing.

Did ya see his tooth flying out? :L

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

hunter164 wrote: »

*achievement unlocked* :pac:

hunter164 wrote: »

Yeah, but rather than just say he knocked me tooth out he gives a detailed dental history:rolleyes:....number 1 aint really a surprise.

Ah sure between that waffling and his singing :L Was always going to be Griffin Bonnar.

Yeah although Bonnar hould have took it:pac:...wonder will he get cut if Coleman beats him tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Yeah although Bonnar hould have took it:pac:...wonder will he get cut if Coleman beats him tonight.

I would be shocked in Bonnar even got the chop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Im so sick of that bonnar/griffin fight. Everything from them flailing their arms at each other, to the shorts theyre wearing annoys me.

Id much rather watch diego/diaz.

T-K-O wrote: »
    I would be shocked in Bonnar even got the chop.

I don't think it will happen but a lot of people writing about 100 reckoned it could be on the cards with a loss for him.

Also in the video blog after he lost to Jones Dana said he is like a kid to him....thats a kiss of death if ever I heard one.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Just finished watching this one last night..... man its a great bit of UFC footage /montagage (if thats even a word) !

So Glad I recorded it on the auld Sky + ..... not sure of the positioning on some of the fights though.....

Still great to have as a Keeper..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

As much as a like Lesnar, how was his match with Mir higher up than Guida vs Sanchez/Guida vs Huerta.

The only reason it was better was for the hype

Advertisement