Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found something dodgy in a bag of crisps?

Options
  • 08-07-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Anyone got advice on what to do when you find something in a bag of crisps, obviously can ring the manufacturer but would really like to know what it is....presume they will want to take away and we may never know what it was...

By it's look , it could be a small lump of feces worst case or simply a lump of old potatoe.....?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

redman wrote: »
    Anyone got advice on what to do when you find something in a bag of crisps, obviously can ring the manufacturer but would really like to know what it is....presume they will want to take away and we may never know what it was...

By it's look , it could be a small lump of feces worst case or simply a lump of old potatoe.....?

Contact the tabloids immediately. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Contact the tabloids immediatly :p
    it is simply a lump of the salt/flavouring that is used to make the crisps tasty. Sometimes it can get wet and it will form i small lump that looks like a deep fried mouse. But it is completley harmless.

The same thing happened to me some years ago and tayto took the bag away and returned a week later with the explanation and two big boxes of tayto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

mmm I'd like 2 boxes of tayto......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

foggy_lad wrote: »
    it is simply a lump of the salt/flavouring that is used to make the crisps tasty. Sometimes it can get wet and it will form i small lump that looks like a deep fried mouse. But it is completely harmless.

The same thing happened to me some years ago and tayto took the bag away and returned a week later with the explanation and two big boxes of tayto
    What dose the lump look like? If it looks anything like the Virgin Mary the tabloids would give you a lot more than just two boxes of crisps. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i remmeber i got a skip in a pack of skips, it was completely brown, nut i ate it.....it was awful!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

mink_man wrote: »
    i remmeber i got a skip in a pack of skips, it was completely brown, nut i ate it.....it was awful!

I would expect to find skips in a pack of skips myself :D But if you mean nut? Skips and KP nuts are packaged by Robt Roberts up in Tallaght or in KP in the UK. I would imagine on the service line it got thrown in by accident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

redman wrote: »

Ring the supplier and go for broke you'll get a decent bit of stock or vouchers.

I was told before that if you find something foregin in a food stuff thats ready to eat the max reward you can expect is €15.

If you half eat it or eat it and pass it the reward can be anything. Im obviously open to correction but I was told this by a manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

it is simply a lump of the salt/flavouring that is used to make the crisps tasty. Sometimes it can get wet and it will form i small lump that looks like a deep fried mouse. But it is completley harmless.

Ah ha! That could well it

Thanks for all the replys , a good laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ring the supplier and go for broke you'll get a decent bit of stock or vouchers.

I was told before that if you find something foregin in a food stuff thats ready to eat the max reward you can expect is €15.

If you half eat it or eat it and pass it the reward can be anything. Im obviously open to correction but I was told this by a manufacturer.

Any manufacture I've dealt wants the foreign object as evidence.

Am, if you pass it I'm not handling the complaint!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

I got something like that before in a bag of walkers, its just falvouring. I sent it off and got €15! Also you might aswell eat the crisps though before sending it off. Its harmless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I once got an all-salt alien spacer. good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 NicOda

My OH bought a can of Tyskie in an offie in Navan. I had never tried it, so he offered it to me to try. It was grand, but I commented on the destinctive "metally" taste. I thought it was just me not being a fan of beer in cans.

...............however, he then was supping from the can and it was rattleing. On first impressions we thought it was a wiget.But then came to our senses, and opened the bottom of the can with a knife.
    To reveal, a €1 coin.

Explained the metallic taste. We kept the coin :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Strange it was a €1 coin as it's brewed in Poland as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yep happened to me decades ago (:() at this stage with some Chickatees. Senti it off to the manufacturer asking what it was, they mentioned it was flavouring and sent 2 or 3 boxes of crisps.

Advertisement