Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evening rideout - Wed 22nd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Zascar wrote: »
    I deleted my post with my embarrassing mixup and the replies. It just clogs up the thread unnecessarily.
    You can have them back if you really want!

No, its OK, we don't want them back.

But, we also don't want silly excuses on Wed evening. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Hey can I tag along?

Could do with blowing off the cobwebs of me ould bike...

Cocoon wrote: »
    Hey can I tag along?

Could do with blowing off the cobwebs of me ould bike...

Yes!

Keep an eye on this thread to see who is going to be there.
    I am sure a lot of the people have identified their bikes at some stage, so you will know what to look out for.

P.C. wrote: »
    Yes!

Keep an eye on this thread to see who is going to be there.
    I am sure a lot of the people have identified their bikes at some stage, so you will know what to look out for.

I'll be on the old 24 year old Yamaha :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'll be on the old 24 year old Yamaha :D

whoa! Its older than meself! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

But, we also don't want silly excuses on Wed evening. :D

Too right!

I'll be donating blood that day so if I start to weave eratically and end up scraping off walls, dont be concerned; you know why:p

Also, what's the concensus on the long or short route? I'm just as happy to take the short one with a nice break by the runway, but Ill go with the majorette.

Would prefer the longer route myself but I don't really mind. I'll be there as long as the weather is decent ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Right now, I don't mind which route. Though if i'm shattered on Wed, the shorter one will then be preferable :)

Cocoon: i'm on a two y.o. blue cbf250

KamiKazi wrote: »

I hereby declare that link the most depressing page on the Internet.

• Advertisement

I tightened the chain on my bike today. :D

Then, when I got home, I cleaned it and lubed it. :)

So, now we have to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Haha - lubed.

yeah weather was mucky this morning but cleared up. so there's hope for us yet...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Mild and breezy with a mixture of sunny spells and scattered heavy showers. Highest temperatures 17 to 20 degrees in fresh to strong and gusty southwest winds. Highest temperatures 17 to 20 degrees in a fresh to strong and gusty southwesterly wind.

met eireann doesnt seem TOO depressed yet

yea was bucketing down this morning, seems pretty decent now.

So we meet at the roundabout at dollymount at 7 and decide upon the long / short route from there? I just hope it's not pissing from the heavens.

Well, if tomorrow evening is anything like this evening, we will be Grand! :D

See you all tomorrow.

So we meet at the roundabout at dollymount at 7 and decide upon the long / short route from there? I just hope it's not pissing from the heavens.

Can someone show me on a map where this roundabout is, please.

Thanks Cocoon.

I will be there.

Lets hope that everyone gets to the same roundabout. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Thanks Cocoon.

I will be there.

Lets hope that everyone gets to the same roundabout. :D

I hadn't looked at the route-that's a fine spot to get started from.

See you plural tommorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

Hi lads...we over on IrishBikerForum.com run a regular wednesday evening spin....maybe we should meet up and say hi???
    Whats your planned route..ours is always variable so we can maybe change and meet up at some stage???? We normally stop in Drogheda for coffee etc...do ye fancy maybe meeting up there? Could be good craic :)

Hi lads...we over on IrishBikerForum.com run a regular wednesday evening spin....maybe we should meet up and say hi???
    Whats your planned route..ours is always variable so we can maybe change and meet up at some stage???? We normally stop in Drogheda for coffee etc...do ye fancy maybe meeting up there? Could be good craic :)

Hey,

Here's the route we're taking:
    google maps

Cocoon / P.C. - That's the roundabout alright.

THeCityManager - Come along! and bring everyone! The more bikes there are the more crack will be had and in all fairness the more impressive it will look. I went on a toy run 2 xmas' ago and it really did look the biz all those bikes driving by.

Everyone else - Ill be there a bit before 7, so just look out for a Fazer S2 600 (Silver), that will be DonkeyRhubarb:)

Looking forward to it all!

Well I'll be leaving work at 5, so I should be there around 6 I'd say. I'll probably grab a bite to eat or something.

waaaaaaaaaaa it's pissing down at the back of the airport :(

I'll be heading home before i head out, so dont expect me before 18:50

Bright or sunny periods and showers today. Showers, isolated at first, will become more widespread as the day progresses and will turn heavy and prolonged in places, with a risk of some thundery downpours. Highest temperatures 17 to 20 degrees.

bah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

what's the story if it's pissing out later. Just home from work and got my 3rd good soaking in as many days. seems to have eased off a little now (typical) but still coming down.

I was going give the bike a wash and have it all shiny for it's boards debut but it can stay dirty now for the time being.

Im in raheny and its been sunny all day. If youve got proper gear, you should be fine regardless.

I'm leaving work at 5 and if its pissing out I'm heading home :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Think I'll decide myself at around 5:30. I'll post up before I head off.

Advertisement