Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evening rideout - Wed 22nd

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Is there a petrol station or something near the roundabout where we can wait for everyone and stuff?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Is there a petrol station or something near the roundabout where we can wait for everyone and stuff?
    Don't think so. We can stand on teh beach if you like, watch the ferries sailing by.

The rain is lightening up here so maybe it'll continue and we'll be scorched on our trip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

There's one on the coast road on the way up to howth on the opposite side from the causeway just up a bit. It's only a small one though. If people are meeting at the roundabout we might as well wait there.

whos bright idea was it to meet in the middle of the irish sea anyway :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

/me looks at donkeyrhubarb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I'm leaving work at 5 and if its pissing out I'm heading home :pac:

What? No baseball bat and chain?

• Advertisement

Whats wrong with Spawell Texaco anyway, at least I know where it is :pac:

/I/ dont know where the spawell texaco is

Right, so heres how Im gonna justify everything...

The weather is intermittant and scattered. If it does rain, we'll be on the move so a max of ten mins driving and no doubt while moving for about 10 mins youll be past cloud.

Theres lots of petrol stations along the coast to get munch or stop off.

The beach is stupidly easy to find. Follow the coast till you see it!!!!! There's a long road going towards it. We meet at the end of that. Not on the beach cos sand, but at the roundabout.

If people winge about rain, then motorbikes arent for you and you should consider bringing a car. In all fairness anyway, the weather has been grand here, the odd very light shower and no more.

The odd shower is fine, I'm not going riding in rain like yesterday morning though :p

right, I'm gonna make a move, fuel up and head on over. Should be there at the roundabout between 6 - 6:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

will chance my arm, sky's looking fierce ominous though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Right, so heres how Im gonna justify everything...

The weather is intermittant and scattered. If it does rain, we'll be on the move so a max of ten mins driving and no doubt while moving for about 10 mins youll be past cloud.

Theres lots of petrol stations along the coast to get munch or stop off.

The beach is stupidly easy to find. Follow the coast till you see it!!!!! There's a long road going towards it. We meet at the end of that. Not on the beach cos sand, but at the roundabout.

If people winge about rain, then motorbikes arent for you and you should consider bringing a car. In all fairness anyway, the weather has been grand here, the odd very light shower and no more.

Right so, I will be in the car then. :rolleyes::D

will chance my arm, sky's looking fierce ominous though...

Its actually clearing up.

This says we should stay dry:

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

I'm feeling optimistic anyway. Gonna leave my house about 6.40, be there about 10 mins after.

On this note:
    Tonight

Mostly dry but a few showers possible. Light to moderate southwest breezes. Lowest temperatures 11 to 13 degrees

I am on my way.

Should be there between 6:30 and 6:45.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry lads, long story but I can't make it. Pity looks like it will be a nice evening and a good turnout!

Have fun! See you on the next one.
    Z

Good spin!

none of you look like your avatars. That surprised me strangely enough.
    First time riding in a group like that. enjoyed it, different experience to biking alone. Great to see a line of bikes in front and a few more in the mirror.

Good ride. :D

Pity about the rain at Howth. :(

When is the next one?

P.C. wrote: »

When is the next one?

2 weeks? Ill let someone else plan the route this time. Try something new though, something not the gap.

If it's a good day and we get a good few bikes, Ill bring my SLR out and get some proper shots.

• Advertisement

P.C. wrote: »

Pity about the rain at Howth. :(
    I actually thought coming back down the hill was great. Raining lightly and the sun came out, the line of bikes looked great against the rain and sun.

I think we should probably meet in a bus shelter next time though. got soaked out on the island. last time I show up 45 mins early for anything. My voice was nearly gone. I'm sure the couple of ciggys I had in the rain at the airport will sort my throat out though. :pac:

Good spin lads, even if it was raining half the time :p

clown bag wrote: »
    none of you look like your avatars

I'd be pretty worried if I looked like a Quake III character TBH :D

2 weeks? Ill let someone else plan the route this time. Try something new though, something not the gap.

If it's a good day and we get a good few bikes, Ill bring my SLR out and get some proper shots.

I will have a look see at a few routes.

Will post them up in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Flatknuckles

cough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Any pics lads ? It'd be nice to put some faces and names together.

I've a few pics on my phone I'll throw up when I get home from work ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So who was there? Apart from the rain was it a good spin?
    I got caught in the rain walking, I got soaked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Didn't make it, I've been away the past few days. Sounds like a nice wet spin!

Someone want to start a thread for the next one?

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    So who was there? Apart from the rain was it a good spin?
    I got caught in the rain walking, I got soaked!

Myself, PC, DonkeyRhubard, N.catenthusiast, Tree, clown.bag and some guy thats not on boards. I thinks that all.
    MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Didn't make it, I've been away the past few days. Sounds like a nice wet spin!

Someone want to start a thread for the next one?

Done.

Advertisement