Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel fishing in Sligo

Options
  • 09-07-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

I've been going Mackerel fishing while back home in Sligo over the past few weeks. The season is coming upon us, so getting used to the rod.

I've been going out to Mullaghmore a lot as i swim of the Harbour there and that is where i have been practicing.

Is there any other places good for Mackeral fishing? I know there's Strandhill but i've been told it's not too great out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Coney Island Pier.

To be honest, Strandhill, Coney, Mullaghmore...it all depends where the schoals are feeding really.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭shellyriver

Surely that's shoals?, not schoals -- not sure if you're on wrong thread referable to a Mayo Accent?. When fishing at Raughley, make sure you have a hot shower if sprayed with briny water from Scholls!

Advertisement