Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell me about your dreams...

Options
  • 09-07-2009 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

[/Freud]

Can't think of anything more nocturnal than this. How about telling the forum about any interesting dreams you had?*

Last night I dreamt I discovered an entirely new kind of dinosaur... alive and well in the woods near my house. Cool looking buggers, about 8 feet tall with duck bills and long claws on their arms which they used to dig up tubers.

Then I woke up to boring reality and my dull job which involves no dinosaurs whatsoever.

*sorry if this kind of thread has been done before. I did a search and couldn't find one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I used to have an odd reoccuring dream about a pirate ship that was on the ocean floor. :confused:

Sometimes I remember them but usually when I do, they're ****e. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I don't really remember my dreams since I was a teenager ...

... and those don't really bear repeating! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

*clears throat*

Em... I once had a dream that me and Orestes were best friends.

Really.

:o

I also had a dream about all the Nocs once... we were under zombie attack (naturally) and had all congregated in a pub to plan our strategy for defeating them. While we were there, we of course decided to have a beers; which got rudely interrrupted by the zombies, who we then had to go and kill. I remember Girl_Friday, Kharn, Doomy, and Squirl being in this one particularly!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Two nights ago I had a dream where this huge, milipedal creature attacked me.

I was desperately struggling against it and it had this lamprey like mouth with which it tried to rend your flesh from you, and it seemed to inject people with some form of anaesthetic so they didn't feel it as it killed them...

Eventually, I managed to fight it off and was able to shatter it's chitinous carapace with an implausably large rock.

Then rather badly injured I limped off like nothing had happened.

My dreams are weird.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

shellyboo wrote: »
    *clears throat*

Em... I once had a dream that me and Orestes were best friends.

Really.

:o

I also had a dream about all the Nocs once... we were under zombie attack (naturally) and had all congregated in a pub to plan our strategy for defeating them. While we were there, we of course decided to have a beers; which got rudely interrrupted by the zombies, who we then had to go and kill. I remember Girl_Friday, Kharn, Doomy, and Squirl being in this one particularly!

How were my zombie killing skillz? Tell me I had mad zombie killing skillz.

Did I have the shotgun?

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    How were my zombie killing skillz? Tell me I had mad zombie killing skillz.

Did I have the shotgun?

You DID have mad zombie killing skillz! There were many shotguns.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I remember you telling me about that actually!! Was I any good at zombie killing?? Knowing me I probably stayed getting drinks for everyone or fell over on first attempt! :(

I remember you telling me about that actually!! Was I any good at zombie killing?? Knowing me I probably stayed getting drinks for everyone or fell over on first attempt! :(

Lol :) We were all excellent zombie killers!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Lol :) We were all excellent zombie killers!

Yay!! \o/

Take *that* dream zombies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

my dream last night was just strange, i was in my old school which had been taken over by terrorists, for some reason, who kidnapped.....someone. then all of us tried to overpower them, it also involved my dog helping us, and i think i may have been some sort of james bond persona, just without the mad skillz, was fcukin crazy to say the least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

*Searches for reference to me*

:(

• Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Last one I can remember was that I was a character in a show like the Wire. But it was crazy violent compared to the Wire. Lots of people exploding in a hail of gunfire.:eek:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I had one dream where i got up out of bed one morning, i notice a mouse hole in the skirting board on the landing. So i went down stairs and lied on a counter top. A few minutes later, i noticed a furry pair of legs running down the stairs and then it barged into the kitchen and ate me.....i woke up then :-P

Other is i was stuck in tescos in douglas -> cork and it had been taken over by pixies and i had to sneak to the ice cream aisle to get weapons to kill ze pixies!

Nerin wrote: »

Couldn't talk about my Nerin dreams in here, they're too steamy... :pac:

*hides from FC*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

I always have the strangest dreams.

In one of my dreams I was married to Kiefer Sutherland. He was kidnapped and I had to try rescue him. Kevin Bacon had to help me. I remember we had to jump from a moving car and then hid behind a bush for a while. We eventually found him tied up in a warehouse. I had watched Flatliners that night.

In another one I was being chased by people in diggers through my estate. Then all of a sudden I ended up in this computer game level. It was like I was on a giant chess board and I hat to eat all the cherries before I could escape the poeple who were after me. Can't quite remember how that one ended.

A recurring dream I have is that of me and my family being chased by dinosaurs. Always at the end a huge ship arrives that we have to jump onto in order to escape the dinosaurs. We come to the edge of a cliff and then the ship appears.

There's lots more...........

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

SDooM wrote: »
    Two nights ago I had a dream where this huge, milipedal creature attacked me.

arthropleura.jpg
    [Freud]The millipede represents your penis[/Freud]
    trowelled wrote: »
    . I had watched Flatliners that night.

Slightly off topic, but I hear Victor Ward has been cast in Flatliners II.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Galvasean wrote: »

I didn't know they were making a second one.

The most recent dream I had was weird too. It involved a friend and we were in a theme park. All of a sudden he disappeared. I was looking frantically for him. Then I get handed this mobile by some random person and this guy says that my friend is with him but I cannot know where they are. Me and this other girl try to find him and think we spot the "kidnappers" and my friend in a van so we decide to chase after them but we don't have a car so my friend decides to throw this guy out of his to car to rob but then decides against and she just vanishes from the dream. Then a little while later in the dream I get a phonecall from my friend to say that he was taken to be part of some secret mission. He tells me where he is and that I can come over because the main guy is gone away. Then it just went even weirder and I woke up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I like this thread already....

I usually forget my dreams fairly quickly, and just remember fuzzy details later. This morning....I wanted a kitty...and picked one from this shed that had lots of kitties in it. But I kept breaking or losing them so I had to keep going back to the shed to get another one...

And then I had one where I was in a crowd, waiting to cross the street, and there were these two dodgy fellas right beside so I hugged by bag closer to my body. And one of the dodgy fellas gave me the eye and said quietly "It doesn't matter what you do, if I want to steal your stuff I will." And I was like "no way you crazy man" and he said "Just watch me" and then all of a sudden he had my keys and my purse in his hand! :eek:

Maybe I'll have a more interesting one tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »

hahahhaha brilliant!
    trowelled wrote: »
    I didn't know they were making a second one.

that was an injoke, victor ward is from the bret easton ellis novel glamorama, and he gets cast!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Either I never dream or I never remember them. average of 4-5 hours sleep a night though. Only times I do dream is when I get 10 hours+. Last time that happened I dreamt I went on an adventure with my geography teacher from secondary school.(would of been a good 3 years since I seen him last).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nerin wrote: »

I don't really remember my dreams since I was a teenager ...

... and those don't really bear repeating! :o
    >_>

>_>

Ooooh nightmares...
    *creates parallel thread*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 biezo57

i dream of people i fancy and other uninteresting stuff

biezo57 wrote: »
    i dream of people i fancy and other uninteresting stuff

*puts on agony aunt hat*

Start fancying interesting people and your dreams will be much better.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 biezo57

i do fancy interesting people but the dreams are pretty rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lady Athame

Last night I dreamt I was the lead singer of Nightwish! Some dreams are too darn good to come true :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I dreamt my dog and I went for a really long walk. How lame is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

HELL YEA!!! :D all those nights playing computer games training helped!

the last dream i can remember is just sailing around and chillin out havin a good time :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hmmm......I used to have mad dreams when I was younger. For a long time Gary Oldman's Dracula really freaked me out, and sometimes I would have nightmares about him chasing me around his castle.

Now all I have is **** dreams about my teeth falling out.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

i don't dream very often, but when i do i only have a few dreams over and over this is my favourite of them cause it's kinda wierd

i'm a guy like ... normal and somehow i end up on a spaceship. when i ask what the people on the ship are studying they open a big window and it shows the sun. in front of the window is a full lab with a red phone on the wall. somehow i end up talking to the sun on the phone, as if it were a person.

it then comes to light that the sun is very agitated cause it hasn't slept in years (cause it can't turn out the light's) and that it killed the dinosaurs because they had made contact with it and pissed him off.

*i know this is getting rediculious but it's all true*

so i end up trying to appease the sun and keep it happy even though i don't know what it likes and one small slip up could kill everyone. so i put forward the idea that it should put itself out for an hour so that it gets some sleep. but some scientist tells me not to agree to it because of what it would do to earth, and this is made worse by the sun saying something alng the lines of that if it tries to sleep for an hour it prob wouldn't wake up for a few days........ arguements break out, people start shouting at me for sugjesting it and thats around were i normally wake up

Advertisement