Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Value 05 BMW 320D

• 09-07-2009 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Any rough ideas on what a december 2005 320d m sport new model in le mans blue would be worth, only 40k miles immaculate condition perfect service history?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

well, if a new e class is 40K, and a 1 year old 5 series is 30K, then a 4yo 3 series is 15K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭DirtyOilBurner

How do you work that out? Anyway il take 10 at that price if you know where i can get them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

I'd say €15k isnt a million miles away from the mark....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

How do you work that out? Anyway il take 10 at that price if you know where i can get them??

he is right, its nearly 5 years old. has the older 163bhp engine and falls into the tax bracket of €614 per year!

theres SE models out in dealers my way selling for 13,750, maybe add on an extra 2k for an M-Sport and your up to the realistic value. but asking price and selling price are totally separate. the only thing going for you is that its Le Mans blue which is very nice and also its very rare to get an M-Sport in 2005 E90 shape at the moment.

What extras are on your car?

to give you an idea, i was in Joe Duffy's getting a DNA check on my car 2 weeks ago and for curiosity i asked about a trade in for an 08 520d and i was told that ballpark figure i was being offered was 12k, but a definate figure would be agreed when i actually picked a car i was intrested in.

mine has - full black extended dakota leather, 18" M3 alloys, PDC, Business Radio with MP3 connection and MP3 compatibility for CD player, M3 rear lip spoiler, Bluetooth fin, 6 CD changer, MFSW, fog lights.....think thats it.

have you any pics of yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭Heroditas

kceire wrote: »
    to give you an idea, i was in Joe Duffy's getting a DNA check on my car 2 weeks ago and for curiosity i asked about a trade in for an 08 520d and i was told that ballpark figure i was being offered was 12k, but a definate figure would be agreed when i actually picked a car i was intrested in.

They were going to offer you 12k for your 08 520D? Very cheeky. They'd sell those off for at least €30k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

They offered him 12k for his car against an 08 520d. That's his 05 320d in his sig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Any rough ideas on what a december 2005 320d m sport new model in le mans blue would be worth, only 40k miles immaculate condition perfect service history?

Thanks

Around €14K to €15K is around right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭Heroditas

They offered him 12k for his car against an 08 520d. That's his 05 320d in his sig.

Ah! I have sigs turned off. :o

Heroditas wrote: »
    They were going to offer you 12k for your 08 520D? Very cheeky. They'd sell those off for at least €30k

LOL, yeah 12k for my 2005 320d with just over 100k on the clock, but FBMWSH with Joe Duffy's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Thanks

Mate of mine has a new 08 325 Petrol, Black Metallic,Auto, Full Cream leather, Air Con, CD, Cruise, the whole shebang Almost 80k new. Wanted to trade uip for a Lexus jeep and the garage offered 27k trade in. That gives an idea where the market is at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭DirtyOilBurner

kmick wrote: »
    Mate of mine has a new 08 525 Petrol, Black Metallic,Auto, Full Cream leather, Air Con, CD, Cruise, the whole shebang Almost 80k new. Wanted to trade uip for a Lexus jeep and the garage offered 27k trade in. That gives an idea where the market is at.

What relevence has that to a 320d? An 08 525 petrol would be aids compared to a highly desirable 320d? You couldnt compare them that makes no sense.

Kceire All the extras apart from the centre console satnav, bluetooth, origional m sport alloys wider on the rear, spoiler and a twin 330d style exhaust that i put on, and also chrome grilles like the 330d also. Sorry no pics on my laptop, will add some later...

So you guys must think its better to buy here as there is no way you would get one in from uk with 40k miles and duty paid for 15k??

What relevence has that to a 320d? An 08 525 petrol would be aids compared to a highly desirable 320d? You couldnt compare them that makes no sense.

Kceire All the extras apart from the centre console satnav, bluetooth, origional m sport alloys wider on the rear, spoiler and a twin 330d style exhaust that i put on, and also chrome grilles like the 330d also. Sorry no pics on my laptop, will add some later...

So you guys must think its better to buy here as there is no way you would get one in from uk with 40k miles and duty paid for 15k??

yes at the moment, car prices are better in Eire imo.

only extra its missing is the idrive and screen which is not that bad tbh as the bluetooth option is a must have and thats one of the first things i look for when im buying a BMW or any car tbh, m-sport alloys are standard on the M-Sport Trim, and the exhaust mod is a good upgrade as the standard diesel pipe isint great!

sounds like a nice car mate, throw some pics up when you get a chance.
    how much do you think its worth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Sorry updated its actually a 325 and yes it is petrol, diesel would be marginally more desirable. The overall point is that the values are shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Market is basically destroyed.....unless you are a cash buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 wandering monk

Funny that, I'm currently looking at getting a 320d and offloading my '99TT. Would be interested in having a look at what ever the garage turns their noses up at, much better to walk into a garage with Cash anyway, I was offered 2k less for mine than market price, but if I let it off on the private route it would be worth more to have the cash walking into the garage. Dealers will always have a trade/ straight price, and then offer book value for your car, or less.
    Drop me a line when you get the pics of the 320d, as I say, I'm looking around

Advertisement