Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Michael Jackson songs

Options
  • 09-07-2009 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭

Hope this hasn't been done recently! Watching the R&B top 20 and MJ is unsurprisingly all over it. He's so many great songs which are obviously heading to the top now that he's died. So it drew my curiosity, what do the boardsies feel is his best? I know there's loads, but choose ONE and tell us why. If you pick other or none, please tell us what/why.

For me has to be Man in the Mirror. Legendary song. Thriller is a close second, but only if accompanied by the awesome video.

Which Michael Jackson song d'you like best? 78 votes

Billie Jean
    0% 0 votes
    Man in the Mirror
    10% 8 votes
    Thriller
    14% 11 votes
    Black or White
    1% 1 vote
    Dirty Diana
    7% 6 votes
    Beat It
    5% 4 votes
    Bad
    14% 11 votes
    Smooth Criminal
    0% 0 votes
    They Don't Care About Us
    12% 10 votes
    Earth Song
    2% 2 votes
    The Way You Make Me Feel
    3% 3 votes
    Wanna Be Startin' Something
    5% 4 votes
    Other (go on, tell us)
    0% 0 votes
    None - I don't like Michael Jackson
    23% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Too many favourites tbh for me

Man in the Mirror is great, Bad is amazing, thriller is excellent(The song), I like dangerous but its a bit too long, my favourite maybe at the moment is Human Nature but it changes every few days :p, smooth criminal is amazing, I just don't know how he thought of it. Love black or white especially the video, beat it was his best rock song. Rock with you is great....

Yeah so they're my favourites but I always listen to billie jean, definitley best bass line ever and best melody of any song ever made in pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So many songs but my fave is one that's not on your list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭JDee

This one :)

If you're a fan my MJ tribute is here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

-Human Nature,serious tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Amen MrStuffins, great song :)

Rock with you is my favourite song however I really love this song also. We can see his amazing voice truely shine here.

EDIT: If people want to post MJ youtube videos, you need to dig around a bit, many videos have disabled embedding.

She's out of my life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The Essential Michael Jackson is the only MJ CD I own, so I can only comment on his singles and not on any of his album tracks.

Of the songs I know by him, my favourite is Dirty Diana. Absolutely love that song: love how the music starts off really dark and menacing and then becomes a full blown rock monster. His vocals are fantastic too.

Bad, Beat It and (excluding the weird rap in the middle) Black or White are all brilliant too.

Get his "Off the wall" album, great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭JDee

creggy wrote: »
    Get his "Off the wall" album, great stuff.

Agreed. Arguably his greatest work

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ane6VJGlIMs

Love this song.
    And it's cute at the beginning too.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Leave Me Alone, obviously. Great video too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Ah i love Liberian Girl...brings me back....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Smooth Criminal for me. I just go mad when this song comes on. Anywhere.

Billie Jean a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

dont stop till you get enough from off the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

It's She's Out Of My Life all the way, one of his greatest songs that can easily be forgotten amidst all the poppy hits he produced. When his voice cracks on the last line, especially now since his tragic death, it's near impossible to fight back the tears. That and the fact that it is, IMO, one of the finest male vocal performances ever.

niallon wrote: »
    It's She's Out Of My Life all the way, one of his greatest songs that can easily be forgotten amidst all the poppy hits he produced. When his voice cracks on the last line, especially now since his tragic death, it's near impossible to fight back the tears. That and the fact that it is, IMO, one of the finest male vocal performances ever.

Don't fight it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

It has got to be "Human Nature" for me. It has a great intro, which is repeated near the end of the song, atmospheric sound, good music, restrained vocals (for the most part!) and more sophisticated than many of his tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Man in the Mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I love Black and White. The moment that guitar riff comes on I'm like :D for the rest of the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Smooth Criminal... I wish I was one of the dancers in that video, it's just class. I was mopping the other day and this came on and I was leppin' about the kitchen, doing the shoulder pops and heartbeat things to the rhythm. Jaysus it's a great song.

and Black or White makes me smile, like another poster said, that guitar riff is just amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭James Bong 79

"leave me alone" without a doubt!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

creggy wrote: »
    Don't fight it back.

True, why fight the inevitable, amazing song!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Easier to choose which songs I don't like than which ones I do.

I can't stand either "Girlfriend" or "Its the falling in Love" from Off the Wall. The rest of the album's a classic, but these songs are cheesy rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

The 12" version off 'You Can't Win' (Not the version from 'The Wiz') is fab, but rather hard to find these days.

Apart from that, 'Burn this disco out' and 'workin day and night' are fab. Used to be big Wacko Fan, through those times, The 'Bad' album was my fave. As I've matured, its defo the 'Off the Wall' album that still does it for me. Dangerous was the beginning of the end for me. Good album still, but starting to decline in quality IMO. Personally, I think he missed Quincy Jones after Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

My top 3 would be Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean, and Man in the Mirror.

Going away from the famous songs, my 3 faves would be Dangerous, Who Is It? and Human Nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Can't choose a favorite tbh. "Will you be there", "Stranger in Moscow" are two very under appreciated songs imo. There are so many fantastic songs through out the different eras of his career.

The Jackson 5 version of "Who's lovin' you", "Never Can Say Goodbye", "It's your thing", "I'll be there", "Dancin Machine", "Shake your body(down to the ground)", "Music's takin' over", "Keep on Dancing", "Ease on Down the Road", "You can't win", "Don't stop till you get enough", "Rock with you", "Workin' Day and Night", "Human Nature", "Lady in My Life", "Billie Jean", "State of Shock", "Another Part of Me", "Will you be there"... I could name my favorites all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Underground

Scien wrote: »
    Ugh, so many to pick one...

One i am enjoying at the moment though with all the airplay is this...
    Wasn't too aware of it when he was around.

That's always been a personal fave of mine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Beat It is a beast of a tune...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

man in the mirror for me

Advertisement