Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Michael Jackson songs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Beat It is probably my favourite, followed closely by Dirty Diana. An underrated one, in my opinion, is You Rock My World from Invincble. It's so old school sounding!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

They Don't Care About Us is my favourite. I always thought it was a kickass tune.. the build-up is amazing. Stranger In Moscow is a good one too, whoever posted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

A pretty funky song that never fails to get me moving.

Also, I like this one a lot lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Like another poster said its easier to choose the ones you don't like,but i'm going with Speechless from the Invincible album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

Human Nature

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Rock With You without a doubt.

Then if I was to round out a top 5 I'd probably have P.Y.T., Just Good Friends, Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal.

I've never been a fan of Earth Song or They Don't Care About Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

The last song he ever wrote himself for me is his greatest and probably his greatest critically acclaimed song, i am of course talking about 'A Stranger In Moscow'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

The last song he ever wrote himself for me is his greatest and probably his greatest critically acclaimed song, i am of course talking about 'A Stranger In Moscow'.

Pretty sure that's not the last song he ever wrote.

Sir Molle wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's not the last song he ever wrote.

It is, everything he released after that he only co-wrote or it was written by some one else.

• Advertisement

It is, everything he released after that he only co-wrote or it was written by some one else.

You said it was the last song he wrote. Not the last song he wrote himself that was released as a single.

You said it was the last song he wrote. Not the last song he wrote himself that was released as a single.

Chill the f*ck out dude!
    I said it was the last song he wrote himself. Which is it.
    Read the posts you are replying to, before you comment falsely on my part.

I am perfectly composed when I'm pointing out where you are wrong, and I have read your posts. Maybe it is you who should actually read your own posts since you don't seem to be able to distinguish the difference in what you've said. Let me break it down for you.

The last song he ever wrote himself... ...'A Stranger In Moscow'.

The last song that he released as a single that he wrote solely himself was Stranger in Moscow. He has written many songs since then by himself, none of which were released as singles, but were featured on his albums or were not released at all. Do you now see the difference in what you've said?

Aside from the fact that when people were credited as writers of a song of his, it was mostly because they made small changes. In the vast majority of cases Michael came up with the majority of the lyrics, melody and song composition himself. But that's all besides the point I was making about how you were wrong.

I am perfectly composed when I'm pointing out where you are wrong, and I have read your posts. Maybe it is you who should actually read your own posts since you don't seem to be able to distinguish the difference in what you've said. Let me break it down for you.

The last song that he released as a single that he wrote solely himself was Stranger in Moscow. He has written many songs since then by himself, none of which were released as singles, but were featured on his albums or were not released at all. Do you now see the difference in what you've said?

Aside from the fact that when people were credited as writers of a song of his, it was mostly because they made small changes. In the vast majority of cases Michael came up with the majority of the lyrics, melody and song composition himself. But that's all besides the point I was making about how you were wrong.

Nothing on Invisible was written solely by Michael Jackson, and Stranger In Moscow was the last song written in session for HIStory. And I sincerly doubt unreleased material should be taken into account, especially on this topic. Stop being petty, read the charter and let us know what your favourite Michael Jackson song is. Besides that stop bothering me with mundane insights of anal retentive-ness! Please.

P.S You have been reported.

Nothing on Invisible was written solely by Michael Jackson, and Stranger In Moscow was the last song written in session for HIStory. And I sincerly doubt unreleased material should be taken into account, especially on this topic. Stop being petty, read the charter and let us know what your favourite Michael Jackson song is. Besides that stop bothering me with mundane insights of anal retentive-ness! Please.

P.S You have been reported.

Lol. Is it Scary, Morphine, Superfly Sister, all from the Blood on The Dance Floor album were written by Michael Jackson. As were Speechless, and All the Lost Children on the Invincible Album. Sorry dude, you're simply wrong.

Also, Stranger in Moscow was written while he was on the Dangerous Tour. Many of the songs he wrote alone on the HIStory album were written after he wrote Stranger in Moscow.

Reported for what exactly?

Lol. Is it Scary, Morphine, Superfly Sister, all from the Blood on The Dance Floor album were written by Michael Jackson. As were Speechless, and All the Lost Children on the Invincible Album. Sorry dude, you're simply wrong.

Also, Stranger in Moscow was written while he was on the Dangerous Tour. Many of the songs he wrote alone on the HIStory album were written after he wrote Stranger in Moscow.

I apologise Morphine and All The Lost Children were both his solely(not the rest though), i do apologise seriously. Most of Stranger In Moscow was written when he had those charges against him, but the vast majority of it was only completed until HIStory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭poss

'Human Nature' from the Thriller album is my favourite, by a country mile!

Love that song.:D

I apologise Morphine and All The Lost Children were both his solely(not the rest though), i do apologise seriously. Most of Stranger In Moscow was written when he had those charges against him, but the vast majority of it was only completed until HIStory.

Check the album credits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

don't upset Sir Molle. He might go crying to the mods.

Check the album credits.

I did,

Is It Scary by MJ, J. Harris & T. Lewis
    Superfly Sister by B. Loren & MJ
    Blood On The Danceflor by T. Riley & MJ
    Ghosts by MJ & T. Riley

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

eeeek, bit of a barny there on
    The last song he ever wrote himself
    sorry dudes the last MJ self penned song was after Invincible, "What more can I give", he wrote it on his own (just brought some dude in to translate to Spanish) and sang on it, his last release self penned release AFAIK (digital only).
    oh and nowhere near his best, them being Billie Jean or Smooth Criminal depending on my humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The Way You Make Me Feel is my fav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭moonstreet

I voted other as most of my fav songs are the rare , not famous songs

Fall Again
    What More Can I Give
    We've Had Enough
    Someone In The Dark
    Mind Is The Magic
    Elizabeth I Love You
    Xscape
    Hold My Hand