Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo is on fire

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Crow71 wrote: »
    Ronaldo is my favourite footballer of them all. He was the one you wanted to be like growing up, i'll never forget watching him at the wc 98 with his superhuman speed and skill taking brazil to the final and playing a big part winning it in 02. It is impossible to criticise him, nice to see hes still producing the magic

Funny you mention it, I always remember him as being one of the most over-hyped players (in my memory)

of course I'm not saying he wasn't "good" or anything :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

dogpile wrote: »
    Funny you mention it, I always remember him as being one of the most over-hyped players (in my memory)

This should be good. What particular aspect of his game did you find over-hyped?

Archimedes wrote: »
    This should be good. What particular aspect of his game did you find over-hyped?

All of it, don't get me wrong he was quick and scored a goal or 2 but not a great for my money....similar to Ronaldinho

I'd have rated Romario ahead of both but football is a game of opinions innit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

scored a goal or 2

Brilliant. :D

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

All of it, don't get me wrong he was quick and scored a goal or 2 but not a great for my money....similar to Ronaldinho

I'd have rated Romario ahead of both but football is a game of opinions innit :D

absolute quality comic relief on here today! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Yeah he did score a goal or 402....

I love when people say silly things. :)

I love when people say silly things. :)

He wasn't much cop at defending from set pieces plus with all that money you'd really think he could have gotten a job done on thos awfull nashers...

hows that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

There are less obvious ways to wind people up, in fairness.

Have always loved Ronaldo. Remember being in Barcelona the summer he left. You'd swear everyone's mother had died or something!

Marvellous player, unfortunately ravaged by injury. Delighted he's back doing what he does best. If I was managing the Brazilian national team I'd be hard pushed to not bring him to a World Cup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He wasn't much cop at defending from set pieces plus with all that money you'd really think he could have gotten a job done on thos awfull nashers...

hows that?

So not being great at defending set pieces and having bad teeth are your reasons for Ronaldo not being one of the greatest Strikers to play the game....seriously?

A tie between him and Fowler for my favourite player since i started watching football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlgp_mWbqvk

Have to say he's looking very sharp here against Gremio. I havent seen him move like that since 2005.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Lasting image of Ronaldo for me is the goal at Celta Vigo 2:16 in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

That's not Celta Vigo, that's Compostela. One of the best goals ever though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

:o Even their ground looks similar to Celta Vigo's though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Sorry, but the Champions League is the greatest competition in the world. The Barcelona team of today would destroy the Italian team that won the World Cup.

World Cup is the greatest honour mate. And Italy were pretty good then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement