Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Jaguar XJ images leaked already

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

The back is awful in the pics - I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh on that bit. Otherwise I likies

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

I like it! Side profile looks reminds me of Audi for some reason? Back of it looks a bit odd. . .I'd say it'll look great in the flesh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

mcauley wrote: »
    I like it! Side profile looks reminds me of Audi for some reason? Back of it looks a bit odd. . .I'd say it'll look great in the flesh!

Bit of the Opel Insignias to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Looks like a Pug.

I preferred the Aston Martin rear look - they should have introduced that across the range.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I really like it I have to say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late, but I just came across these images that are leaked a day before the official showing of the new Jaguar XJ Series: http://www.worldcarfans.com/109070820342/2010-jaguar-xj-photos-leaked

What are people's thoughts on it?

What a minger,

Trying to be a BMW from front to rear doors ( but badly done ) and looks like an american yoke at the rear.

Tis a sick puppy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I quite like it. The front looks a bit like a Quatraporte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

The back is 'challanging' but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. The rest looks really, really good.
    kluivert wrote: »
    I preferred the Aston Martin rear look - they should have introduced that across the range.

Down with that sort of thing! Aren't there enough Aston similarities in the XK? An 'Aston' rear end would have been instantly gratifying but ultimately a little bit of daring is good. Not saying I like it you understand but anything instantly gorgeous becomes boring. This is brave without being baby-out-with-bathwater stupid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Think its pretty ugly tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Keith Bond

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Jaguar-XJ-Series/241393/

Just seen this! Looks like a Citroen C6 to me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I really like it.

Some reason I think the back looks a bit like a Bentley Conti GT

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Striking design, not very Jag obviously. It does remind me of something continental with a big V8 from the early/mid 70s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The black part of the C pillar just throws the styling into disarray. I can see what they were trying to do, making the body coloured section an evolution or modern interpretation of the classic XJ C pillar line but the way it meets the bootlid / rear wing is just too harsh for what is otherwise such an elegant design. Definite Masaratti influence on the bootlid/rear lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭EasyFold

I've never been a big Jaguar fan but I think this XJ has great lines. After watching the dev video I didn't have much hope but it seems to me the car looks a ton better in release form or clean in anycase (looks like a lot of dead chickens sticking tot he side) :p

For me this shape is one of those that people will have to get used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Having seen the rear, it looks very similiar to a Toyota SC 430 convertible.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

not a fan of exterior, but really like what they've done inside.video of it in action
    below

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/10/video-jaguars-2010-xj-cockpit-is-a-dual-view-7-1-surround-sou/#continued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

To be honest, I'm appalled by this...
    The XJ was never a small car. However, it was able to disguise this by its curved sides and horizontal bonnet. The new model's wedge shape and vertical sides are unabashedly American muscle. It's huge. No real elegance to it, in my eyes. Added to this is the fact that the front looks near-identical to the XF ... missed opportunity by Jaguar this time.

2006-jaguar-xj.jpg

rendernuovaJaguarXj.jpg

Edit:

Anyone else seeing this?

06FordMondeo1_m_m.jpg

Oh, wait. 2011 Mondeo -
    ford-mondeo-coupe-2011.jpg

Verrry funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hahaha, bloody hell you're right.
    I looks just like the new mondeo.

The first thing i though was BMW though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I dunno what to make of it. I love the XF but i'm glad they decided not to make a larger version and slap an XJ badge on it.
    It's certainly....individual but I think I like it. Back kinda reminds me of the Lancia Thesis.

Advertisement