Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeBron get's owned.....then get's petty!

Options
  • 09-07-2009 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

msnbc.com wrote:
    AKRON - What happens at LeBron’s camp stays at LeBron’s camp.

A minor controversy erupted at the LeBron James Skills Academy on Monday night when two videographers recorded a pickup game in which Xavier’s Jordan Crawford dunked on James.

Gary Parrish reported on CBSSports.com that a Nike representative confiscated tapes of the dunk after conferring with James.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

A representative with Nike, which runs the camp at the University of Akron in James’ hometown, made no mention of Crawford’s dunk. He said the tapes were confiscated because videotaping of after-hours pickup games at the camp is not allowed.

“Nike has been operating basketball camps for the benefit of young athletes for decades and has long-standing policies as to what events are open and closed to media coverage. Unfortunately, for the first time in four years, two journalists did not respect our no videotaping policy at an after-hours pickup game following the LeBron James Skills Academy,” said Nike spokesman Derek Kent on Wednesday.

A spokesman for James said he had no comment.

The camp features 80 top basketball prospects from around the nation.

Crawford said his dunk happened in the first 20 minutes of a game that lasted about two hours and did not prompt any reaction from James.

“We just went on playing,” Crawford said Wednesday. “It was exciting just to be playing on the same court as him. I can see why he is so great at what he does.”

Very good take on it here by Mike Celizic here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

image2ada.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Brilliant Sea Devils!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

It is obviously no big deal that he dunked on LeBron, it is part of the game but if LeBron wanted the tapes confiscated because he didn't want it on the internet then it is a bit sad.
    There has been no word from LeBron yet but I would not be surprised if he makes a joke about it and shows it maybe.

I predict that Nike and LeBron make it into a commercial, watch this space :D

It is obviously no big deal that he dunked on LeBron, it is part of the game but if LeBron wanted the tapes confiscated because he didn't want it on the internet then it is a bit sad.
    There has been no word from LeBron yet but I would not be surprised if he makes a joke about it and shows it maybe.

Did you read the articles linked here?!

LeBron got a Nike official to confiscate the tapes, so he clearly thinks it's a big deal getting dunked on by a college baller.

If you did read the articles you'll have seen the only way the tapes will ever come to light is if Nike put their own spin on it!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Did you read the articles linked here?!

LeBron got a Nike official to confiscate the tapes, so he clearly thinks it's a big deal getting dunked on by a college baller.

If you did read the articles you'll have seen the only way the tapes will ever come to light is if Nike put their own spin on it!

I wasn't saying he thinks it's a big deal or not, I am saying in general it is no big deal he got dunked on, if the tapes were shown it would all of been forgotten about by now because it is just a pick up game and everyone gets dunked on.

I have read the articles and listened to the media sensationalizing the story. If it is true LeBron instructed the tapes to be confiscated then yes it is petty and bad character but I am going to wait until I hear what he says.

I do expect LeBron and/or Nike to eventually put a spin on it and it will probably work to a certain extent.

Its a tape of a pick up game of LeBron getting dunked on not Guantanamo Bay torture tapes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Very similar to "whole lotta game" taking it to VC at Rucker except VC just stepped it up instead of hiding.

Carchardon wrote:
    I do expect LeBron and/or Nike to eventually put a spin on it and it will probably work to a certain extent.
    kmart6 wrote:
    Its a tape of a pick up game of LeBron getting dunked on not Guantanamo Bay torture tapes.

Have you agreed with me that Nike will use it to their advantage and then go on to say that it ain't Guantanmao Bay tops.....basically saying it ain't a big deal!?

Have you agreed with me that Nike will use it to their advantage and then go on to say that it ain't Guantanmao Bay tops.....basically saying it ain't a big deal!?

I just thought the "only way the tapes will ever come to light" was a bit dramatic.

Nike will obviously try and use it to their advantage, sure there ain't no such thing as bad publicity.
    Getting dunked on is no big deal in basketball terms but when you bring in the media and everything it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Actual Video Footage of LeBron getting dunked on

LeBron had that confiscated?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,176 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Actual Video Footage of LeBron getting dunked on

LeBron had that confiscated?:pac:

I know it's just stupid, it doesn't even look that bad :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement