Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much to charge for images ?

• 09-07-2009 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Last night on flickr i got a mail from a guy who basically said he was a big fan of my work

he went on to say that he would be interested in using one or several of my images for a small company he works for the images would be used for brochures/postcards/posters he wanted to know how much i charged ! :eek:

As a complete amateur this is the first time this has ever happened !
    i have'nt a breeze what to charge anyone ever been in a similar position ?

This guy did fave a particular shot about two weeks ago ! of course when i check his profile he has nothing available to me ! ! this particular shot has been getting a lot of hits recently when i check my stats a good few views are from an unknown source makes think that this may be to do with this image !

any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

Congrats on the offer. You may find these rates helpful.

http://www.londonfreelance.org/feesguide/phboorat.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I got similar but then when I replied asking which images they were interested int hey never got back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Do be careful with Flickr contacts. I had some very pushy e-mails recently and would not get involved with companies that do not reciprocate with making their material available. Also, since Flickr is primarily for photo sharing, using it for commercial practices may cause a breach of the licence.

You might also consider getting involved with local photographic groups and finding outlets for your work.

There will be an exhibiton in Ballyrowan Library in August and contacting the people exhibiting there could open some doors?

http://www.flickrfatale.com/

Framed work will be on sale and it seems to be incredibly well priced.

Advertisement