Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm

Options
  • 09-07-2009 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,

I have an Astec alarm system and it is part set at night time. At 11.30 last night it went off saying it was a contact in the sitting room. So checked it out , nothing obvious , reset and went back to bed . An hour later same thing , So I left it off this time . Any ideas what the issue is ? Is it a dodgy sensor on the sitting room window ?

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

mscull wrote: »
    Hi all ,

I have an Astec alarm system and it is part set at night time. At 11.30 last night it went off saying it was a contact in the sitting room. So checked it out , nothing obvious , reset and went back to bed . An hour later same thing , So I left it off this time . Any ideas what the issue is ? Is it a dodgy sensor on the sitting room window ?

Cheers for any help.

i would say thats the problem..has it got a shock and contact on the window or is it a mc " the shock and contact in one " how long have you the system in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Cheers for the reply ,

Its the "all in one " one where it has shock and contact in the one sensor. The panel said the error was Zone 2 Contact . System is in about 4 years . I'll get a new one this evening and replace it , and maybe do the rest over the next week or so. Cant be doin with hoppin out of bed with the baseball bat every hour :)
    Thanks again for the reply

mscull wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply ,

Its the "all in one " one where it has shock and contact in the one sensor. The panel said the error was Zone 2 Contact . System is in about 4 years . I'll get a new one this evening and replace it , and maybe do the rest over the next week or so. Cant be doin with hoppin out of bed with the baseball bat every hour :)
    Thanks again for the reply

ha ha, cant be having you doing that.. i would check the magnet on that window then. some times they loose there strength over time, that might just be the case.. might save you a few quid replacing all the sensors ;)

Sounds like good advice . Cheers Altor.

your welcome,
    any more problems let us know..

• Advertisement

Cheers , that worked a treat last night . e13.50 was a cheap resolution to my problem.

Advertisement