Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Online going free

• 09-07-2009 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I just read that Dungeons & Dragons Online is going to be made a free game with microtransactions. I think you can still subscribe for more privalages and stuff.

Has anyone played this? It didn't seem that popular, but making it free would get a fairly hefty increase in players.

You can also try the Beta of the free from fileplanet and probably a few other sites as well (haven't checked). Oh, and in case you need to know, the beta download file is about 2.7 GB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I played it when it was in beta originally, the way instances worked was interesting at the time, they had little puzzles etc like you'd expect from regular D&D.

You should note though that they've said the europe version is still monthly play. The GamersWithJobs podcast has an interview with the team behind the US version, not sure I like the way they've headed with the microtransactions tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I tried it when it first came out and tbh it just didn't grab me.
    It's really nothing special and I'm not a huge fan of the Eberron setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I tried it ,and i remember at the start i had to go into some tavern and it had to load then i had to go into the basement of the tavern and it had to load then i logged out and it had to load then i never loaded again :D

Advertisement