Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone been hacked?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Totally agree, have heard some fairly rough stuff spouted.Now in fairness some games are rated 18 or 15 + but the reality is most kids are gonna want to play them anyway.Few times playing fps online there have obviously been young kids in the group so the decent ones normally tone the language down but of course you always get the ass holes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

steve927 wrote: »
    I recommend www.jasper1675.com if you want to get a cheap 12 + 1 month Gold subscription. I've used him twice and so have all my friends/family. Much cheaper than buying from MS direct and he emails the code to you straight away. Takes paypal too which gives you further protection from any fraud.

Agreed.
    I have used him on many occasions.
    Fast & Very Cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

How did they do this.

My son's xbox is registered to me - so any mails etc., come to my email account. He said he was playing with some guy on line (Mod Warfare 2) when the guy told him - sorry mate you've just been hacked. Son turned off machine etc. This guy it would appear has hacked into my email account and has sent random emails to all of my contacts. What's the best plan of action for us to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

ZOLTAN28 wrote: »
    I have reset his security stuff - I guarantee he did give out info - before he realised this 'person' had stolen money he actually thought they were nice and anted to add them as a friend (God help all parents!)
    he is young
    did not realise
    now that is a life lesson for him,
    i know you lost
    but hopefully not too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

deelite wrote: »
    How did they do this.

My son's xbox is registered to me - so any mails etc., come to my email account. He said he was playing with some guy on line (Mod Warfare 2) when the guy told him - sorry mate you've just been hacked. Son turned off machine etc. This guy it would appear has hacked into my email account and has sent random emails to all of my contacts. What's the best plan of action for us to take.

Ring Microsoft, they are very helpful when it comes to this stuff Deelite....

1800-509-186

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Fieldog wrote: »
    Ring Microsoft, they are very helpful when it comes to this stuff Deelite....

1800-509-186
    if you can get one with good English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

rizzla wrote: »
    It couldv'e been a girl that hacked his account. There so manipulative.

6a01053645c43a970b01127967852928a4-pi:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

is this what not having a girlfriend does to teenage boys?

Best generalisation ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

If younger children are allowed to play games with 15/18 certs then you can't be shocked and appalled if they end up learning swear words or being more vulnerable to scamming etc etc.

On a more selfish note, I'm sick to death of hearing 12 yr olds screaming down mics and on the other side of hearing parents screaming about adult content in games. READ THE BLOODY AGE CERT.

/r

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

OP.... use the credit card, set up the account... then go in and change the CC details so it cant be used.

DONT give your CC details over to an unknown site that is promising your points and accounts... you have FAR less come back with them and more likely to get ripped off properly.

And any parent who allows their kid to interact with the internet without supervision of some kind, or allows them to play 15+ games when they are 12 or allow them to shout virtriol down the line... they all need neutering.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

DeVore wrote: »
    And any parent who allows their kid to interact with the internet without supervision of some kind, or allows them to play 15+ games when they are 12 or allow them to shout virtriol down the line... they all need neutering.

And then has the gall to blame it on the game developers, producers and companies. Now that's a prime example of bad parenting =/. You're exposing your child to the internet, not them. They're just providing a service. Take responsibility for your children's actions if you're so worried about them, instead of laying blame on the companies. Change your gamer zone to recreation, change your privacy settings, turn off mic. Not geared at anyone particurlar, just a general rant at the entire thing.

Stupid parents + Jack thompson = Very unhappy Slugs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Two things, first of all: Age ratings.

PARENTS: Anyone under 18 who is a whiny little **** shouldn't be allowed have a mic, take it off them, now. Thank you. I'm sick of hearing these little bitchy 12 year olds scream down the mic. I'm trying to enjoy a bloody game of MW2 online then some little kid who thinks he's the **** starts whining because he's crap at the game. Then they think their deadly by playing some crap music over the mic we can't even hear properly.

Second, hacking.

Hacking gets thrown around a lot, most of the time it's not hacking. It's highly unlikely your account was hacked unless the "hacker" was actually at your console. You can't just get hacked over Xbox Live, not that I have seen anyway, I've been an active CoD player for over 2 years and I've never, ever been hacked. He most likely stupidly gave his password out like most idiots who claim to get hacked. I've seen this before on pretty much everything from MSN to Bebo. People get their accounts "hacked" when they go to some stupid website that says how to hack friend's accounts and it asks for their passwords then their account password is changed and they say they get hacked.

It's funny, I couldn't log into MSN on my Xbox when I was 16 because I had a "Child Account" (Yet I could use it on PC) same with Twitter and Facebook when I was 17. But I could play CoD4 and MW2. I love how if it interferes with their profits they don't block it.

I've been playing games like GTA since I was like 5, I enjoy them as most mature people do. It's nice to unwind and have a bit of fun in a game. Whether it's racing around in Forza 3 or killing a Prestige 10 who uses a noob tube in MW2. I rarely use my mic, the only time I use it is to talk to my real friends in MW2. The amount of times I've heard someone slag me in MW2 because they're getting an ass whoopin. I don't even bother talking back because I've got better things to do, like whoop their ass again in the next round.

Advertisement