Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back legs on rough collie

Options
  • 09-07-2009 9:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Over the last number of weeks our dog's back legs have been letting him down and now it's gotten to the point where he can't put any weight on them or even really walk at all. The vet said it could be something hereditary in him and bound to happen. I don't want to see him suffer but it's killing me to think of putting him down. Has anyone else gone through something like this? Is there anything we can do for him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I'd be getting a more helpful vet if I were you. Not much of a diagnostician is he? Where in the country are you, maybe someone can recommend someone. If it's Portarlington and you don't mind taking a litte spin then Edward in Moss Vets in Naas is absolutely excellent for bones and joints. PM if you want his contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

How old is your dog OP? Has he had any x-rays taken, or is he on any medication?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Again recommed a 2nd opinion. Similar happened to our old 14 year old cocker spaniel. My poor da was in bits taking him to vet cause we thought he'd be put down. But no a course of injections, one a week for a month, then once a month, to ease his arthtirus and he's fine now. Vet said he was perfectly healthy in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

hi, i'm having the same kinda problem with my dog at the mo, he wont put any weight on his back paw. i brought him to shane at www.gilabbeyvet.com this week and found him excellent. hope this heps

• Advertisement
Advertisement