Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My son looking for car/insurance.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

eoin wrote: »
    Insurance costs did drop considerably.

yes but only temporarily, and only after harney who was the minister at the time threatened them with a free market.

e.u.law permits the unrestricted movement of services, this country manages again to look after the vested interest, to the cost and detriment of the general public.

Keith C wrote: »
    im sure the 700+ staff in hatch st would beg to differ let alone the staff in galway & Cork!
    Your 20 years no claim is reflected in your no claims bonus. Do you expect insurance to drop to €5 because your diving years without a claim??

my mistake, the call centre is based in india

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

my mistake, the call centre is based in india

have you shopped around? ive run thru 44 yr old, dublin 12, full lic, full bonus 1.3cc fiesta, figures are €390 comp on 123.ie
    you'll defo get cheaper then 950.
    Hibernian callcentre is still based in galway, i know people working there, thw move to india id phased over 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I was uninsurable on anything but a weedy 125cc 4-stroke motorbike (0-60 in about 2 weeks :D) until I got myself a full B licence and advanced to the age of 23 or so.

have you shopped around? ive run thru 44 yr old, dublin 12, full lic, full bonus 1.3cc fiesta, figures are €390 comp on 123.ie
    you'll defo get cheaper then 950.
    Hibernian callcentre is still based in galway, i know people working there, thw move to india id phased over 3 years.

i have shopped around, 123.ie quoted me 950 and i live in dublin 12, i am now trying to get a quote from adelaide insurance, they are based in belfast, im told that they are miles cheaper than anyone, they also do bike insurance, just waiting for a reply from them,
    Stephen wrote: »
    I was uninsurable on anything but a weedy 125cc 4-stroke motorbike (0-60 in about 2 weeks :D) until I got myself a full B licence and advanced to the age of 23 or so.

have you tried to get insurance on a restricted bike, i had a nice cb500 a few years back 500 euro through carol nash, not surethat theyre still in business, new crowd up the north adelaide insurance only heard of them today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

i have shopped around, 123.ie quoted me 950 and i live in dublin 12, i am now trying to get a quote from adelaide insurance, they are based in belfast, im told that they are miles cheaper than anyone, they also do bike insurance, just waiting for a reply from them,

Have you full 5 yr ncb & penalty point/conviction free? what cc is the fiesta?
    Theres defo something up if im getting under €400 & your getting €950 for inputting the same details.
    That Adelaide broker looks like a good place if you have a bike & car, let us know how you get on

Have you full 5 yr ncb & penalty point/conviction free? what cc is the fiesta?
    Theres defo something up if im getting under €400 & your getting €950 for inputting the same details.
    That Adelaide broker looks like a good place if you have a bike & car, let us know how you get on

after 2 years not driving your ncb is lost, no points or convictions either, no major health issues still waiting on adelaide, but will post asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

hibernian are now based in india, also the price difference in most cases is marginal,

funny that, because I went in to them on Henry Street, got a quote €250 cheaper than online, paid my money and got my cert then and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

Odd, my sister just bought an 03 Octavia 1.4. Her insc is 720 euros... 19, 1 yr full licence, 1 year NCB. Were she male it would have been 400 extra, and still not unreasonable.

This is with Quinn (who are the same to deal with as every other crowd btw before anyone starts moaning)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Damien360 wrote: »
    I remember the age of decent insurance quotes getting pushed from 21 to 23 to 27. What is it now. 30 before you can expect reasonable values ?
    I'm 27, and a 1.4L costs €1200 with Asgard, which was the cheapest by €200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Vectra, check parkers.co.uk for any cars you are looking at. They list the insurance groups for all popular cars

Advertisement