Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bale Handler

• 09-07-2009 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

What is the average cost of a new one? What is the best make ? Where is cheapest in Northwest to Buy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

got a price on a cashels paddle handler from kerry store recently..500 yoyos..a bit pricey i reckon, get a good home one cheaper. I think the paddle lifters are better unless you intend to leave the bale standing on end, with the paddle you can reverse the bale tight into the ones behind it in a yard without worrying if your handler is tearing the bale behind..also better for picking up flattened out bales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

got a price on a cashels paddle handler from kerry store recently..500 yoyos..a bit pricey i reckon, get a good home one cheaper. I think the paddle lifters are better unless you intend to leave the bale standing on end, with the paddle you can reverse the bale tight into the ones behind it in a yard without worrying if your handler is tearing the bale behind..also better for picking up flattened out bales
    I am making a paddle handler today so far it has cost me €116 which includes brackets for loader and 3" box frame I still have to get 2 spikes and 2 bushings. I made up a paddle handler for another loader 10 years ago that has been sold. When I priced 2 paddles for it back then I was quoted £120, I ended making them myself the pipes cost £6 and hire of pipe bender for a day cost £14 total £20.

I bought 2 tines €108 and bushes €15.80. I have the paddles that I made 10 years so it is costing me about €250 if i had to make the paddles they would cost an extra €50 bringing it to €300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

What does a paddle bale handler look like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

here you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Jaysus never saw one of those before! Whats the advantage of the paddle handler Vs a conventional handler???

• Advertisement
Advertisement