Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lovely Kitten found and fostered

• 09-07-2009 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello we were out walking last week and found the most lovely stray kitten very.Big eyes and lovely Brown and blonde colours. Really playful. We are not in a position to keep her long term. She has been in doors with us over the past week and in that time has been litter trained fully! very good cat!! Funny and a really nice charater to her. she has been eating well and we brought her to the VET last week. She also has had her first shot and next one due in two more weeks. All this is paid for in full. She has been wormed also and we also have some more of these worm pills for her. We have now moved her to outside envirnonment and she is coping well. loves it in fact.

So if anyone knows of a great long term home for her... i want to meet the family and will consider bringing her to you on the last day as i would like to know she is going to a great home.

Let me know. We are based in Mullingar town. you can arrange to come and see her. Just let me know on this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭roosterman71

This story doesn't sound believable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bridzilla123

Does it not now! and what is so unbelievable about taking in a tiny Kitten and looking after it!

Well I am happy to say that it is true and I stand over it all. If you wish to now see the lovely kitten we found her another short term foster home at the Cry for Help Cattery in Mullingar Town with the lovely Ger. She has her there if anyone would like to go and see her and take her to a good long term home. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

This story doesn't sound believable

why? because you wouldnt be nice enough to take in an animal that needed a home so you doubt others would too?:mad:

Thanks Useful Contacts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Because if someone found a kitten, why would they go to the vets and give it shots and wormed? I don't understand this kinda behavior if your not planning on keeping the kitten yourself.

And before anyone goes off thinking I'm some sort of animal hater, its not true. I have a cat at home (called JP), and I had a dogs but they've died from old age and were never replaced. None of my animals were ever sick, and none were ever given shots by a vet. Wormed alright cos no one wants worms :)

• Advertisement

We thought we could keep her. But she was alot of work that we had not planned upon just yet. Both out of the house all day and she is only a little kitten. So after about a week and a half we made the decission to let her go to a permanent home. Yes we rushed into getting alot of stuff for her in the excitment and not thinking it through, but i am really glad we brought her to the Vet and got looked after cause she is more able for the wait in the cattery now. She was not healthy when we found here... but she is now. which is a great thing to be able to say... we did that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

To be honest i would of done the same as bridzilla123.
    In fact i have done the same in the past.

But i ended up keeping the 2 kittens who are now just over a year old. Named little dude and daisy btw.

But originally i wasnt planning to keep them, but still got them wormed etc...

GL on finding someone to take the kitten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Fair play to you... a lot of people wouldn't have bothered. I have to say your story repaired my faith in people toward animals after I recently on my way home from train station seen someone hit a kitten on the road just after the railway tunnel by the fire station. I had to witness it roll around the road in agony as they kept driving I was driving past it when I realised it was a kitten part of its insides were hanging out and the look of pain on its little face I turned at a roundabout further down the road to go back for it but it was dead when I got back ( I noticed someone else had driven over him at this stage too).. I was upset all evening over it. I don't know how someone could do that to the little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

Because if someone found a kitten, why would they go to the vets and give it shots and wormed? I don't understand this kinda behavior if your not planning on keeping the kitten yourself.

Its called being humane.

We moved house about 5 or so weeks ago and we inherited a cat from the last people who had to go back to Poland and were not able to bring the cat with them.

Not only that, but yesterday afternoon the cat gave birth to 8 little kittens. Even tho the cat was not mine in the first place I still took it in, made it a bed, fed and watered her and yesterday I became her midwife... It was messy but she needed the help.. 2 little fellas thought they could both get out at the same time so intervention was needed. lol

Anyway, I was actually searching to see if anyone around or near Athlone would like to adopt one of these little fella in a few weeks when they are ready for moving. I will have them 'potty' trained by then I hope. Some are full black and 2 or 3 have spots of white on paws and nose.

They were supprisingly big for newborns so not sure how big they might get.

Obviously I will be looking for good caring homes for these guys.

Cheers guys

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

mandz wrote: »
    I was upset all evening over it. I don't know how someone could do that to the little thing.

I hate to hear about cats, dogs or any animal getting hit by a car, especially (I know this sounds terrible) if it was not killed on the first hit and left in agony. Some animals can be left in pain for hours or even days before they eventually pass on.

I was told many years ago about the rules of the road when it come to animals. It is ilegal to hit the brakes and try and avoid an animal. This is in case there is traffic behind you or on the oposite side of the road and it could cause a more serious acident.

I was also told by a bus driver who used to drive for Bus Eirean. He said that drivers used to be instructed to reverse back over an animal to make sure it was dead. I suppose in a way this could be a good thing so the animal is not left in lying on the road in pain just waiting to die.

Also just wanted to say fare play to the OP. Very kind thing you did taking in the cat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement