Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, July 10 -- 12

• 09-07-2009 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

This weekend's Premier Division action:

10 Jul 2009 Bray Wanderers 7:45 Shamrock Rovers Carlisle Grounds
    10 Jul 2009 Derry City 7:45 Drogheda United The Brandywell
    10 Jul 2009 Dundalk 7:45 Bohemians :cool: Oriel Park
    10 Jul 2009 St Pat's 7:45 Galway Utd Richmond Park
    12 Jul 2009 Sligo Rovers 7:45 Cork City The Showgrounds
    (as reported, or not, by RTE Sport)

+ Europa Cup tonight: Vllaznia v Sligo Rovers. Sligo with a lot to do after a silly first leg.

Bohs getting some pre-Salzburg funny pitch practice in Oriel. Dundalk will want to make a statement of course, probably via Michael Collins!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'll be cheering for Sligo tonight but i hope we hammer them over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

I'll be cheering for Sligo tonight but i hope we hammer them over the weekend.
    Everyone should be cheering Sligo tonight, but AFAIK it's not available anywhere. RTE must be busy covering a celebrity player's crest-kissing or a GAA rule change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

And for the first div:

10 Jul 2009 Sporting Fingal 7:45 Monaghan United Morton Stadium
    10 Jul 2009 UCD 7:45 Shelbourne UCD Bowl
    10 Jul 2009 Limerick 7:45 Wexford Youths Jackman Park
    10 Jul 2009 Mervue United 7:45 Kildare County :cool: Terryland Park
    11 Jul 2009 Waterford United 7:00 Finn Harps RSC
    11 Jul 2009 Athlone Town 7:45 Longford Town Athlone Town Stadium
    (as reported by RTE Sport)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

My prediction last week was correct guys , Bet this week is a man to be sent off in the Dundalk - bohs match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Would love all the points. Not only to go third proper, but because of the higher chance of dropping points during the upcoming batch of friendlies. Typical that we end up playing two teams above us during that time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

SectionF wrote: »
    Everyone should be cheering Sligo tonight, but AFAIK it's not available anywhere. RTE must be busy covering a celebrity player's crest-kissing or a GAA rule change.

Internet!
    +
    Couple of pubs in sligo showing it so is on Albanian sat tv

Rovers need a bit of this tonight

elshambo wrote: »
    Rovers need a bit of this tonight

Will try and find a stream later.

Good luck to yis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

UCD -v- Shels having to be match of the weekend.:cool: For the UCD fans, how much is it for a student into the Befield Bowl (just incase I don't get my free tickets, being an eircom representative:p)? Be probably getting the 10 over, better off getting off inside Belfield or on the dual-carriageway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

jeasus lads, i know we're having a bit of an anonymous season but we do still exist

10/07/09, Richmond Park, 19.45 - St. Pats V Galway United

theteal wrote: »
    jeasus lads, i know we're having a bit of an anonymous season but we do still exist

10/07/09, Richmond Park, 19.45 - St. Pats V Galway United
    Thought there was someone missing :o I did say it was RTE though!

• Advertisement

UCD -v- Shels having to be match of the weekend.
    Hah! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Be probably getting the 10 over, better off getting off inside Belfield or on the dual-carriageway?

Get the 11B..it's the opposite end to the old Belfield

dfx- wrote: »
    Get the 11B..it's the opposite end to the old Belfield

Only thing about that is, it comes every once in a blue moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

SectionF wrote: »
    Everyone should be cheering Sligo tonight.
    Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

UCD -v- Shels having to be match of the weekend.:cool: For the UCD fans, how much is it for a student into the Befield Bowl (just incase I don't get my free tickets, being an eircom representative:p)? Be probably getting the 10 over, better off getting off inside Belfield or on the dual-carriageway?
    €6 in.

Get off the dual carriageway at RTÉ and go down Greenfield Park (I think that's what it's called anyway).

Shels to win easily.

Why?
    1. Because it's nice.
    2. Because it'll help our co-efficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Any streams for Sligo game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Only thing about that is, it comes every once in a blue moon.

From what I remember last season, the one that gets to O'Connell St at half six gets there in time. The problem is there's none after the game..

dfx- wrote: »
    From what I remember last season, the one that gets to O'Connell St at half six gets there in time. The problem is there's none after the game..

Cheers, so running from the pub to the bus stop for 6.30, grand.:D

• Advertisement

so is anybody going to any of the games this evening or have ye all headed out to Punchestown already?

i've got a good feeling about the supersaints tonight (shouldn't i always?). i predict some revenge for the early season debacle i bore witness to*. COME ON THE SAINTS

* the way this season is going i'm fully aware i've every chance of choking those words back down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

anyone know the latin for

"should have won"
    or
    "Plucky Failure"

thinking of putting it on the crest of next years Sligo Rovers shirt:rolleyes::mad:

elshambo wrote: »
    anyone know the latin for

"should have won"
    or
    "Plucky Failure"

thinking of putting it on the crest of next years Sligo Rovers shirt:rolleyes::mad:

i thought the acronym "LOI" stood for just that, feels like it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Well done Kildare County, keep the faith:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just saw the Dundalk fan being taken off the pitch, missed what he went on for, did he try to deck someone or wha? :P

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Brennan booked for breaking the corner flag in celebration xD

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Derry losing 1-0 into last minute.

Title over?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Bloody Hell, Galway do a treble against Pats.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

From what I can gather talking to someone at the match, straight after when Twigg scored Rovers' second goal against Bray, the fans jumping up and down caused a wall to collapse and several people have been injured.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Thats shocking to hear that news about a wall falling down. What will the implications be for Bray? Great win for Rovers all the same. If Twigg keeps this up, surely someone will make a big offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

wow thats another smashing result for galway , that tore the form book up anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jeff Kenna's got the sheeny curse on him.

From what I can gather talking to someone at the match, straight after when Twigg scored Rovers' second goal against Bray, the fans jumping up and down caused a wall to collapse and several people have been injured.

Yup, was the small wall at the front of the away stand that collapsed, was talking to a Rovers fan in the chipper who was at the match and he said it was over exaggerated.

As for more important matters, Shels beating UCD 1-0, should have been 3-0 up by about the 60th min but we weren't and UCD keep going at it and at times looked like they'd score an actual goal, not another disallowed. Great attendence, would guess about 900 with the majority being Shels. Table looks sexy, 4 points clear of the chasing pack and a game in hand.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Sarge wrote: »
    My prediction last week was correct guys , Bet this week is a man to be sent off in the Dundalk - bohs match.

two right ...well done sarge !!

if you keep going like this I might actually do some of your bets

I think 900 was a bit much. 750 would be more accurate I think. Fair play on the win, best team won.

• Advertisement

I think 900 was a bit much. 750 would be more accurate I think. Fair play on the win, best team won.

Serious? Seating holds 1,500 according to wiki so would have said about 900.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I was there tonight-directly opposite where the wall fell down. I happened to see it as I was watching Chris O'Connor hiding on the ground after his (uncharacteristic) howler. The wall fell forward onto the pitch. I saw a young lad being led away (to a standing ovation by Hoops fans, it must be said, their second of the night-the other to a stricken Bray player). Congrats to all EMS and stewards for containing the situation. I must admit I thought it was worse when I saw the Guards coming onto the pitch with crash barriers ( ala Hillsborough) but it was only to take away the wall and then to use as a makeshift replacement. After all that I believe it was just one broken leg.
    I must admit, though, I thought the announcements when all this was going on of the winning ticket in the half time draw was a tad innappropriate..but it did raise an iroinc giggle from the home crowd at least.

Best wishes to all affected and well done the (much maligned) Rovers supporters for your sporting gestures and well done to Mr. Buttimer for another well handled game-although I might get some grief from Rovers supporters for that one.

BTW your no. 18 (forget his name) deserved his card. It happened right in front of me but possibly from your side you couldn't see what he did. Maybe MNS will clarify it better.

Report ends:)

Serious? Seating holds 1,500 according to wiki so would have said about 900.
    Well I was told by somebody who was on the far side that everybody that was in the uncovered bits would have just about filled in the gaps of the covered bit of the stand, which holds 750. Said person then put up a different figure on foot.ie ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Please can someone who watched the Dundalk game on TV give me an impartial review of the referee Please , From where i was it was shocking display and time for clubs to take action . Please enlighten me.

Second week in a row , i got a bet prediction right , anyone do it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

i heard tonight linfield took a right hammering in europe during the week. surely someone is having a laugh saying the agg score was 11-1

• Advertisement

poindexter wrote: »
    i heard tonight linfield took a right hammering in europe during the week. surely someone is having a laugh saying the agg score was 11-1

They were having a laugh, was 7-0 on agg to Randers FC.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superhands

poindexter wrote: »

it was Distillery who lost 11-1

5-1 (h) and 6-0 (a) by Zestaphoni (from Georgia)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Not impartial but I thought the red card was harsh although the panel thought it was the correct decision so Im not sure. Cant really remember any other contentious decisions. It was obvious that Connor sent hatchetmen out to try to break legs even without reading his post match notes from the last game.

"What happened the other night was wrong. If Bohemians want to win football matches like that, by cheating, let them do it. The next time we play them the gloves will be off and we will have players on the park who will be able to look after themselves. ..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Great result for the 2009 Drogs at Derry. This season started out like the season from hell part 2 - but it gets better every week!

Delighted for the points and that nobody was hurt badly.

Second now. :cool:

Hopefully MON will play mostly A-Team players, trialists and the subs from last night today. Two massive games coming up against Bohs and Derry wihich hopefully will take precedence.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superhands

stovelid wrote: »
    Delighted for the points and that nobody was hurt badly.

Second now. :cool:

Hopefully MON will play mostly A-Team players, trialists and the subs from last night today. Two massive games coming up against Bohs and Derry wihich hopefully will take precedence.

I think its important Rovers put on a good show in these games - not good for the LOI's credibility with the wider public if a second string team gets thumped 5-0

Well they lost 3-0 to Newcastle just there.:D To be fair not one first teamers was on the Rovers side afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

is bohs euro match on internet/tv?

Well they lost 3-0 to Newscastle
    That's quite a feat!

Superhands wrote: »
    I think its important Rovers put on a good show in these games - not good for the LOI's credibility with the wider public if a second string team gets thumped 5-0

I don't give a tin shit about the LOI's credibility with the wider public, only that we do well in our upcoming league games and we make some cash from the frielndlies.

3-0 wasn't the worst. Newcastle played all their names. Darragh Maguire was the only first-choice player on the field for us (plus Podge who our fourth choice striker) and a few trialists turned out for us. One of them missed a open goal when Newcastle were a goal up. We held out well enough until Newcastle moved up a gear and put in two in the last quarter of an hour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement