Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, July 10 -- 12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

is bohs euro match on internet/tv?

Its on Austrian TV so hopefully will be able to get a stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

St Pats v Galway United highlights in HD.

bohsman wrote: »
    Its on Austrian TV so hopefully will be able to get a stream.
    ORF1 are showing it. There should be a few good quality links for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

What a strike by Kelly.

Not that I want him back at the X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

To any city fans assuming ye put in a good performance tonight

er

YE did not!
    Typical awful Doolin performance

Now guess how bad we were to lose to a Doolin team 3-0:mad::o:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

elshambo wrote: »
    To any city fans assuming ye put in a good performance tonight

er

YE did not!
    Typical awful Doolin performance

Now guess how bad we were to lose to a Doolin team 3-0:mad::o:mad:

I suppose the three points will help console us of the poor performance.

I suppose the three points will help console us of the poor performance.

Any particular thought go into that comment?

Cork fans giving out about the way ye play

Just letting them know that they are still playing poorly

Ye deserved the 3 points

Any particular thought go into that comment?

Cork fans giving out about the way ye play

Just letting them know that they are still playing poorly

Ye deserved the 3 points

Given the way things are going every three points is still welcome. That being the particular thought behind my comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

back in the high court today. I am sure everyone, especially the preachy Shels fans, will have their fingers crossed all works out well for us.

I think the FAI should actually bail us out. We are too important a team to be allowed go to the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Here's one Dub wishing you the best with it. Make of that what you will...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

gimmick wrote: »
    back in the high court today. I am sure everyone, especially the preachy Shels fans, will have their fingers crossed all works out well for us.

:rolleyes:
    I think the FAI should actually bail us out. We are too important a team to be allowed go to the wall.

Bailed out last year by the courts.

Wanting to be bailed out this year by the RC?

Nobody is too important to go under. And I for one will have no sympathy for CCFC if you do.

Funny how people on here say things like i hope Bohs/Galway/Sligo will survive but when it comes to Cork its "i hope their gone". The anti-Cork bias is alive and well here on boards.;)

None of those 3 clubs walked away from huge debts and then had their ignorant fans boasting about all the players they res-igned on big money.

Funny how people remember things like that. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

We are too important a team to be allowed go to the wall.
    And Cork fans wonder why they aren't popular with others?

I love Dub LOI fans. Ye really keep me amused.

• Advertisement

We're only half as funny as your beloved franchise. :)

Its the Shels ones tbh. They won't be happy til every big club in the Premier is demoted and Shels are back on top again.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Its the Shels ones tbh. They won't be happy til every big club in the Premier is demoted and Shels are back on top again.:D

Once all the tax dodging, FAI bailed out clubs are demoted I'll be happy!;)

2 weeks and the LoI could be Cork City free, €400,000 needed to be paid off in 2 weeks and the last batch of cheques bounced. Not looking good gents, any names for the new franchise down there?:P

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0713/corkcity.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I hope Cork survive, quite simply cos we beat them twice and cant afford to lose those 6 points.

Cmon cork etc:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I hope we sign a few of their players :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Funny how people on here say things like i hope Bohs/Galway/Sligo will survive but when it comes to Cork its "i hope their gone". The anti-Cork bias is alive and well here on boards.;)

Jaysis, victim much?

No-one wants to see clubs go out of business, but a proper slap for the ones blatantly flouting the rules wouldn't go amiss.

Bohs and Cork City should not be playing PD football next season. It's that simple.

Des wrote: »
    Jaysis, victim much?

No-one wants to see clubs go out of business, but a proper slap for the ones blatantly flouting the rules wouldn't go amiss.

Bohs and Cork City should not be playing PD football next season. It's that simple.
    What rule have Bohs broken?

Jaysis, victim much?

Ive no problem with people saying we should be demoted. If that ultimately happens id accept it.

Its people who say they want our club gone altogether i have a problem with.

(BTW the anti-cork thing was meant as a tongue in cheek remark)

SectionF wrote: »

We'll let ye know when you's get knocked outta Europe.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Certainly don't want to see Cork go out of business, but can't see them raising €400,000 in two weeks and still be able to continue paying staff.

Hopefully they'll find the money somewhere and then be demoted for their breach of rules.

Ive no problem with people saying we should be demoted. If that ultimately happens id accept it.
    In your situation, I would feel the same.
    Its people who say they want our club gone altogether i have a problem with.
    I have to say that I do wish for Cork to be punished, but I would not like LOI football to disappear from Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

SectionF wrote: »

We'll see soon enough, won't we - despite all the chicanery of your 'financial projections', 'projected on-field success', your protestations that you haven't breached the cap 'yet' and your extensive 'coaching staff'.

You can't even fix up the death-trap of an away section in your stadium or look after your underage teams properly because you're paying insane wages just to buy bragging rights in Dublin.

As OK as the Bohs lads on the forum are, the forthcoming slap (if it ever transpires) is really going to be sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

but I would not like LOI football to disappear from Cork.

It won't.

The next franchise will be up and running in a few seasons.

Cork 84 and Cork Wednesday are the favourites for the naming rights.

It won't.

The next franchise will be up and running in a few seasons.

Cork 84 and Cork Wednesday are the favourites for the naming rights.

I think Cork Academicals, Cork Thistle, or Cork Cosmos have an OK ring to them myself.

• Advertisement

I think the FAI should actually bail us out.
    They will in their hole. No way. Totally against it.
    We are too important a team to be allowed go to the wall.
    Are you serious? To repeat what was said before... WHO DO YOU ALL THINK YOU ARE?

If Galway United end up going to the wall, I won't be giving out about the FAI not bailing us out.

Beds have been made and it's time to lie in them.

WHO DO YOU ALL THINK YOU ARE?

Simply, one of the most important clubs in the league at the moment.

Word is the FAI are going to give us a bail out "loan", repayable once we have found our feet again ina few years. Ther eis probbaly no way they will demote us either. Too important for the premier division to have a good geographical spread among other reasons.

Simply, one of the most important clubs in the league at the moment.
    BS. Clubs blatantly living beyond their means, entering into contracts with players that they know well they can't afford have no place in this league.
    Too important for the premier division to have a good geographical spread among other reasons.
    No club has a "right" to be in the league. It is a privilege gained and maintained by following the rules and guidelines set down by the association.

When did Galway achieve promotion last??

Hmm... let me see... when was it... Oh yeah... It was the time Galway satisfied the criteria as was set down in the participation agreement, which was signed by ALL clubs. If I was in the shoes of fans of certain other clubs, I would have whined about it as well, but at the end of the day, the clubs all knew what the craic was before the season started.

Word is the FAI are going to give us a bail out "loan", repayable once we have found our feet again ina few years. Ther eis probbaly no way they will demote us either. Too important for the premier division to have a good geographical spread among other reasons.

Where are you hearing that?

Sounds like a load of BS.

The only people who can save the club now are the fans but given the way Tom Coughlan is behaving i dont think that can even happen.

You are confusing important (FAI considering you to be a football foothold behind Southern rugger and gah lines/relatively decent gates/good ground) with important (having an actual history/the rest of the country having anything approaching affection of empathy for you).

Nah, they just mean important to the league as it is. Ye all know this yourselves but are afraid ye won't look Dublin enough if ye admit this :rolleyes:

Hotspur like

• Advertisement

Nah, they just mean important to the league as it is. Ye all know this yourselves but are afraid ye won't look Dublin enough if ye admit this :rolleyes:

The anti-Cork bias is a must for any Dublin club supporter.

Hmm... let me see... when was it... Oh yeah... It was the time Galway satisfied the criteria as was set down in the participation agreement, which was signed by ALL clubs. If I was in the shoes of fans of certain other clubs, I would have whined about it as well, but at the end of the day, the clubs all knew what the craic was before the season started.

The league screwed Galway by promoting them when they did
    Too early, the day trippers wernt locked in yet and a few bad results later.....:(

If they had been left to develop naturally they would probably/possibly be fine now

or still rotting away in the graveyard division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It IS important to the LOI to have a well supported club in the Southwest.

It IS NOT important for that club to be Cork City.

I don't want to see any LOI clubs going out of business, but with the arrogance of Cork fans displayed in this thread, is it any wonder there is little sympathy for them?

or still rotting away in the graveyard division.

Probably with bigger crowds and finanically sounder footing
    It IS important to the LOI to have a well supported club in the Southwest.

I don't want to see any LOI clubs going out of business, but with the arrogance of Cork fans displayed in this thread, is it any wonder there is little sympathy for them?

I remember when Sligo Rovers had a bit of trouble last year, plently of Cork heads (doubt it was the two lads in here tbf)

"Sur who are they?, what they win, they be no loss like" etc

Muppetery of the highest order

Probably with bigger crowds and finanically sounder footing

I remember when Sligo Rovers had a bit of trouble last year, plently of Cork heads (doubt it was the two lads in here tbf)

TBf i like Sligo. They've done well the last few seasons, Paul Cook is probably the manager ive the most respect for in the league and most importantly ye don't play 10 men behind the ball when ye come to the Cross.:pac:

• Advertisement

Sad to see any LoI club go under.

Except: Dublin City (check), UCD and 'Sporting' Fingal.

Honestly I cannot remember anyone saying that about Sligo. Like PM Sligo are a club I have always liked. I like Cook and I like the way he sets his teams up.

It is really. 2nd city not having a team is a poor indictment of the entire league. Given the catchment area, there should easily be 2 well supported teams in Cork County but that is a story for another day.

The point is moot anyway, as the FAI will be bailing us out.

It is really. 2nd city not having a team is a poor indictment of the entire league. Given the catchment area, there should easily be 2 well supported teams in Cork County but that is a story for another day.

The point is moot anyway, as the FAI will be bailing us out.

Ive heard that Delaney will be signing the cheque himself.

TBf i like Sligo. They've done well the last few seasons, Paul Cook is probably the manager ive the most respect for in the league and most importantly ye don't play 10 men behind the ball when ye come to the Cross.:pac:

Na sur dont the home team do enough of that:rolleyes:

I like Cookie, really like Cookie but
    its the same poor goals we give away every week

+ young winger put about 5 decent crosses to front post other night, not one time did a CF run across the front stick (supposed to be standard CF play)

It just seems to be the same basic mistakes EVERY week
    (now someone who didnt like him might say the manager should be sorting that after a couple of years at the club?:eek:)

Na sur dont the home team do enough of that:rolleyes:

I like Cookie, really like Cookie but
    its the same poor goals we give away every week

+ young winger put about 5 decent crosses to front post other night, not one time did a CF run across the front stick (supposed to be standard CF play)

It just seems to be the same basic mistakes EVERY week
    (now someone who didnt like him might say the manager should be sorting that after a couple of years at the club?:eek:)

Ah it's not that bad. We've a manager who keeps playing a 4-5-1 that isn't working out and playing Silagalis who isn't working out either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement