Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, July 10 -- 12

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

The point is moot anyway, as the FAI will be bailing us out.

Defo?

Derry In trouble as well
    They gonna bail them out?

Galway in trouble
    Bohs, Pats
    We could sign a few, escape bottom, get ourselves in trouble and get the lawyers telling them to bail us out

If they do bail ye out a precedent will be set!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

dangerous as it may be, it probably goes on its own merits. Nan the FAI see Derry being a profitable club for them going forward?

Can they see SPA or Bohs? I would not have too much hope for any Dub clubs given there are so many, Derry might be a stretch as well as it may give the FAI reasons to send them packing back to the IL.

Galway/Sligo would probably have a good chance of a bail out given their geography and catchment areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

gimmick wrote: »

The point is moot anyway, as the FAI will be bailing us out.

The FAI won't be bailing you out. The only money on offer from the FAI will be an advance on any money Cork might be due at end of season ( prize money, TV money etc ). I think they have given most clubs 15000 euro already.
    I'm sorry to bring this bad news to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

dangerous as it may be, it probably goes on its own merits. Nan the FAI see Derry being a profitable club for them going forward?

Can they see SPA or Bohs? I would not have too much hope for any Dub clubs given there are so many, Derry might be a stretch as well as it may give the FAI reasons to send them packing back to the IL.

Galway/Sligo would probably have a good chance of a bail out given their geography and catchment areas.

I NEVER really forgave Derry for signing players on an early bosman and not paying compo because they were from a different country:eek::mad:

Always a big home gate for us but Id be happy enough to see them an IFA team:eek:

Passports imo!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Hmm... let me see... when was it... Oh yeah... It was the time Galway satisfied the criteria as was set down in the participation agreement, which was signed by ALL clubs. If I was in the shoes of fans of certain other clubs, I would have whined about it as well, but at the end of the day, the clubs all knew what the craic was before the season started.

ROFLMAO **** OFF!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

elshambo wrote: »
    I NEVER really forgave Derry for signing players on an early bosman and not paying compo because they were from a different country:eek::mad:

I can't forgive Derry for Liam Coyle :( He could score against Rovers blindfolded with his feet bound together

Though he did get me some money back for scoring in the cup final a few years ago :) ..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

2nd city not having a team is a poor indictment of the entire league.

Nope, it will be bad indictment of the people running CCFC.

It has nothing to do with any other club.

The league survived Cork Celtic + Hibs (and the rest) folding, and it will survive CCFC folding too.

The league did survive 60+ years without you.

Typical minnowist response which has become synonymous with Shels people. Merely surviving is not enough though. If we perish, the league will go backwards further toward relative mediocrity.

Ye will miss us alot more than any other team. Well, Premier division clubs will at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If we perish, the league will go backwards further toward relative mediocrity.

Only temporarily.

When we all catch our breath again from laughing, we'll all move forward apace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Typical minnowist response which has become synonymous with Shels people. Merely surviving is not enough though. If we perish, the league will go backwards further toward relative mediocrity.

Ye will miss us alot more than any other team. Well, Premier division clubs will at any rate.

I will miss yis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I take it the FAI hasn't bailed them out yet?

Thought it was definitely happening today?

Sure you are only making stuff up now. Where did I say it was happening today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sorry, thought you said today.

Still don't see it happening at all. You better hope you get a full house and sell lots of scarves and programs at the Ipswich match.

There won't be. 2000 max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Did this liability come from the previous owners or has it been generated since the start of the season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Did this liability come from the previous owners or has it been generated since the start of the season?

Allegedly it was from the Arkaga(AKA bastards) era but thats probably just Tom making excuses. Tom will blame everybody but himself.

I'd give him more credit than a lot of City fans.

He's a bit of a chancer, but a likeable fella too I think.

Likeable my ass, he is a blatant liar.

Most of this current debt has been incurred since he took over. He has not paid a pennys tax, yet has made the deductions from the pay for same. He bounced cheques to the revenue. He ran around telling all and sundry that he now owns the Horseshoe. What about the training facility in Little Island?

He can take a running fcuk up himself...

He inherited a mess. In the meantime the whole banking system has nearly calloapsed and we are in the middle of a recession.

Back payments had to be met. Everybody had had their hands out. That puts a lot of pressure on cash flow.

• Advertisement

You knew that, so did I, so did every dog on the street. So why did did the fool allow 11 players to be signed and appoint a manager who cannot have come cheap. There is one person respeonsible for the current mess, and that is Tom Coughlan. He could have taken a more realistic approach like what Drogs did and start building again. He took the wrong/stupid option, so we are screwed as a result. Anyone who says any different is either TC himself, or hopelessly deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Well I don't recall any Cork fan's complaining when you outbid Dundalk for both O'Donnell and Faz pre-season.

Why do you feel Cork should geta "get out of jail free card" from the FAI when they cheated by stopping other clubs from signing players that they couldn't afford.

Hey, do not light yourself on fire now. I think you will find that most CCFC fans where more than just a small bit bemused by all the transfer activity in the close season. Most relaised immediately we did not need O Donnell, most did not rate Faz to be a decent player. No one wanted Greg O Halloran back, are stupified by how crap Sigalis is. About the only reasonable signings made were Billy Dennehy and Davin O Neill, who are both earning peanuts.

But lets not allow that skew your judgment.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

That's strange as i view a number of forums including the cork forum and foot.ie and don't remember "most fans" querying any of the transfer activity at the time. In fact a lot of Cork fans said Dundalk fans were bitter when we questioned your ability to outbid us on players after being in financial trouble.

Can you link me to one of your posts here or direct we where i can read one of your posts criticising your transfer dealings pre season. Just so that my judgement isn't being skewed! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

doncarlos wrote: »
    including the cork forum and foot.ie

Same thing?

doncarlos wrote: »
    Can you link me to one of your posts here or direct we where i can read one of your posts criticising your transfer dealings pre season. Just so that my judgement isn't being skewed! ;)

While not directly criticising the signing here on this site, I certainly did not have my head in the sand as seen below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59140048&postcount=833
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59221738&postcount=918
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59237114&postcount=942
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055511125

• Advertisement
Advertisement