Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to National Rowing Centre in Inniscarra

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hello citizens of Cork. I am heading down to the Republic of all things Corkonian for the national rowing championships. I have a couple of questions for those in the know.
    Is is easy to find the National Rowing Centre in Inniscarra?
    How far is it from the city?
    Is it a safe place to stay overnight in a van there?
    Thank in advance
    GB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Hi GB,

Its not too easy to find the rowing centre. Its in a place called Farran woods, I think the easiest way to get there is to go to a village called coachford and in the middle of the village, turn left. You go down past the church(which is on your right), continue on about a mile, over a big bridge. After the bridge, turn left and Farran woods is on your left about another mile over the road. Its about 25 mins drive from city.
    I'm not sure about staying there overnight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭sean_84

There is a shorter way than going to Coachford. You should head out the N22 towards Macroom/Kilarney. A few km after the dual carriageway turns to a single carriageway, take a right turn at Dan Sheehan's pub. There is a signpost here for the National Rowing Center and possibly Farran Woods too. Follow this road for about 8km, and the entrance to Farran Woods is on the right-hand side. There should be a signpost. When you enter the woods, turn to the left and follow the forest road to the national rowing centre.

Here's a map showing this route:
    http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=51.896665&lon=-8.69982&zoom=14&q1=51.896302%2C-8.548993&q2=51.891474%2C-8.694413&q3=51.890838%2C-8.719304&q4=51.89052%2C-8.761361

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Thanks a milllion folks. You might spot me wandering around looking lost!

Rebelchick, is it dodgy for overnight parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

To be honest I dont know if its allowed. I know the park closes its gates at 9 o clock, but there might be a different arrangment for the rowing weekend!

If you get lost dont ask for Inniscarra(Different area!), ask for Farran woods!

Enjoy the weekend!

Advertisement