Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Home Broadband QoS in Cork?

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

Recently my local exchange has been upgraded (Ballincurrig) and we now apparently can get Broadband. Currently using Airwave but is pricey enough and I am considering switching to a 7Meg Vodafone Bundle.

Does anyone have any experience of Vodafone good/bad and whether or not I can reasonably expect to get near the 7megs? or should I go with 3Megs if I'll never make it to 7?

Advice / experinces appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'll only be able to get what your line can handle, and you won't know that until you actually get DSL enabled on it. eircom might be able to tell you what they expect it can handle, or at least if it is unlikely to handle the faster speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CorballyHouse

Thanks for the reply! Bit the bullet and went with Vodafone 7M package - will update the forum when it's all connected!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

look forward to hearing how you get on, thinking of changing to vodafone myself from BT

Advertisement