Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North circular road question

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the species of those trees on north circular road?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Poplar (afaik). I'd imagine they were the same as what was on O'Connell St.

Maple. Mostly Maple as it turns out. Same as the SCR Harrington St. end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

humberklog wrote: »
    Maple. Mostly Maple as it turns out. Same as the SCR Harrington St. end.

I had an idea they were a Maple alright judging by the nice leaf, i'm just wondering is it the Sugar Maple. They are a nice tree but i think all the pruning they get on the NCR takes the look off them :o

I just happened to be on both ends of both roads today. I wouldn't know too much as for the different types of Maple. The pruning is fairly tough alright but what with it being a busy bus route I expect it needs to be. It's not that wide of a road.
    I was looking too at the more recent (20 years or so?) tree plantings on both roads and DCC have opted for what I'd pencil down as a Poplar. These can be seen on the SCR from about Emor Rd to Leonard's Corner.

Advertisement