Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens attention..

Options
  • 09-07-2009 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ragana22

I really dont know is it me,who react negative or something else,but every time i go out of home i want to be black and invisible.Live in small village,but anyway sometimes i feel,that there is too much mens :o Ok,at least those,who horn driving by car,screaming "Hello" from cars window,whistling etc...How you react on that kind of "attention"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Depends on how I'm feeling at the time or the situation. Sometimes I may ignore it or give a wry smile, other times I get aggressive and throw out the V. Other times I disgust myself and others around me by drooling spittle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

usually dont know how to react.

wasnt in the best form coming home from work yesterday, was waiting for my dart & this apparently normal seeming guy asked me how do you get out to the beach (beside the station). so i told him you had to go out of the station & pointed out the way to the beach. then he asked me my name & went to shake my hand. not too weird so far... but then he held my hand in both his & stared at me. so i said "can i have my hand back?" & he said "do you want it back..?" eh yes.. then he stared at me again & said "you have blue eyes". me: "em yes i do". him: "really deep blue eyes..". eventually he went away :o find stuff like that far harder to deal with than i would people driving by!

sar84 wrote: »
    . but then he held my hand in both his & stared at me. so i said "can i have my hand back?" & he said "do you want it back..?" eh yes.. then he stared at me again & said "you have blue eyes". me: "em yes i do". him: "really deep blue eyes..". eventually he went away :o find stuff like that far harder to deal with than i would people driving by!

Yeah, thats probably an example of an instance where the old spittle drool comes in handy. Beware though, as some wierdos may like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

sar84 wrote: »
    so i said "can i have my hand back?" & he said "do you want it back..?" eh yes.. then he stared at me again & said "you have blue eyes". me: "em yes i do". him: "really deep blue eyes..". eventually he went away :o find stuff like that far harder to deal with than i would people driving by!

LOL. :D Do you want it back? Class act. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

To be honest, you can all scoff and so on, but in a way that probably sets the women's movement back 20 years, I admit that I get a little kick out of that stuff. You know, you're walking past a building site, you hear a series of wolf whistles and other noises of admiration, I must say, I walk away with a pep in my step! It's a nice little ego boost, knowing your being appreciated!:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭willy wonka

I never get cars/vans beeping at me! I run a lot on roads and never have beeping. I am slim and fairly attractive but do you need to have a large clevage to get the beeps?

It doesn't bother me, but it would be nice from time to time to get a beep!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I never get cars/vans beeping at me! I run a lot on roads and never have beeping. I am slim and fairly attractive but do you need to have a large clevage to get the beeps?

Try running past a building site....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ragana22

willy wonka after this morning experience i think mens even doesnt bother what you wear..I was out with bouth babies in buggie,wear just white jeans and big jumper,without make up but with dull hair :D But if honest i finded that it makes me feel dirty.C'mon where the gyus who can just start to chat,honestly,without these "romances",like taking your hand or telling that your eyes is like diamonds..bla,bla,bla...... :mad:

• I never get cars/vans beeping at me! I run a lot on roads and never have beeping. I am slim and fairly attractive but do you need to have a large clevage to get the beeps?

Nope, I'm an A cup and I get them. The worst was when I used to walk home from school in my uniform, got about 12 beeps every day, ew. PERVES :mad:

Well I don't know about anyone here, but I don't need lewd whistles and shouts to reinforce my self confidence. I would rather not receive it and as far as I'm concerned they are doing it more for other lads than for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

WindSock wrote: »
    Well I don't know about anyone here, but I don't need lewd whistles and shouts to reinforce my self confidence. I would rather not receive it and as far as I'm concerned they are doing it more for other lads than for me.

Completely agree, don't feel the need for affirmation from plonker subwits to make me feel like an attractive woman. Find it an annoyance more than anything and just let on I don't notice. Definitely think it's a case for these "gentlemen" that they egg each other on and it's all done for a reaction tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

WindSock wrote: »

Completely agree, it's always a group of lads, they'd never be brave enough on their own.

I always find it quite unsettling though, I convince myself that my skirt is tucked into my knickers or my boobs are showing or something and am paranoid 'til I get to a mirror:o

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Skapoot

Ugh It really really unsettles me. On the odd day that my confidence is high, If a beep happens I laugh to myself. But on bad days I just look at lewd men beeping and winking etc as disgusting. Or I see myself as disgusting. I dunno. I know theyre doing it for the laugh but I instantaneously see those men as a threat. Its disrepectful on those days. But other than that-just a laugh.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

It's been happening to me an awful lot lately! As long as it isn't really sleazy I just take it as a compliment, as someone said before, I do walk away with a bit of a pep in my step afterwards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I think there would be more complaints if guys were completely ignoring you girls, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Skapoot

Paha! Yeah..maybe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Ragana22 wrote: »
    I really dont know is it me,who react negative or something else,but every time i go out of home i want to be black and invisible.Live in small village,but anyway sometimes i feel,that there is too much mens :o Ok,at least those,who horn driving by car,screaming "Hello" from cars window,whistling etc...How you react on that kind of "attention"?

maybe its because you are beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Girls, yer better off putting down the head and having a smile to yourself.... take it as a complement.

Unless of course they say something voile! take no notice of the get em out or nice ass!

cos at the end of the day... they wouldn't shout nice ass unless it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i work in a night club and one night this lad (fairly regular) came up at the end of the night and stood infront of me with this puppy head, looked me up and down and says in an emotional voice "i never seen you" and started to shake his head sadly like his knob was just bleeding with longing. he stared me up and down for the next ten or fifteen minutes while i just squirmed and tried to ignore him. shockingly funny afterwards though. some boys are shameless.

Advertisement