Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skil Tools - anyone know where to get them?

Options
  • 09-07-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a Petrol Strimmer from them, but cant seem to locate one online either. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

havent seen the brand around but they are on amazon.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Can I ask why you want a Skil strimmer? There are plenty of better brands out there that are much easier to get and better supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

iirc, Arro stores used to stock them.

www.arro.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

afaik skil don't do petrol driven garden tools....just a thought but perhaps the brand you want is 'stihl' which some ppl pronounce "still"...they don't come cheap but are highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Stihl are rediculously overpriced in this country, they are about 30% more than a comparable machine from another manufacturer.
    This is the time of the year to see it first hand, have a look around at commercial gardening outfits and see what they are using as trimmers.
    The majority use either Tanaka or Oleomac, very rare to see Stihl Trimmers being used commercially.
    I think some Stihl stuff is OK but the majority is only average with a high price tag (big marketing budget).
    Ryobi strimmers can be bought very reasonably 110stg for a 30cc machine.
    It depends on what the OP needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

plenty of quality manufacturers out there so i'm not going to piss on one over the other...i just thought that stihl could have been a reference to the op's query.....a lot is down to personal preference and after 22 years in the game i know which i prefer;)

Advertisement