Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So What Should I Get Next

• 09-07-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Not much access to game sites in work, and my lovely OH got me a voucher for Game. So what should I buy.

I'm looking for a good single player game, action packed ideally, but mostly a good story / experience. Currently I'm loving Prototype, Guitar Hero Metallica, Red Faction etc.

No JRPGs thanks, they're not my cuppa.

I'm thinking Juarez or Ghostbusters atm... Anything else exciting you guys could recommend?

Thanks in advance :)
    R

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ghostbusters is not out here until the end of October (so your Game voucher is no good there). Its region free so you could buy it online if you want.

I got Call of Juarez for a rental, and I think its perfect for that (a rental). Supposed to be a pretty short game....

• Registered Users Posts: 39 irlpotato

Just finished Dead Space..good, pretty action packed, although possibly a little light on story for you. Seen it around the place pretty cheap though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

A little old now, but Battlefield: Bad Company is action-packed, funny, enjoyable characters and has a great multiplayer support base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

D'oh on ghostbusters!

I've played and finished Dead Space and Battlefield Bad Company both great games (ESP dead space). Love my horror, angry at silent hill homecoming as you can't invert the camera (FFS!!!!) so that was out after 2 minutes of looking at the floor and bumbling about!

Hmmmm.... Back to SQ1 Thanks for all the suggestions so far guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Have you played Fallout 3? Truly an epic game with a deep and varied story and plentiful amounts of action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Liber8or wrote: »
    A little old now, but Battlefield: Bad Company is action-packed, funny, enjoyable characters and has a great multiplayer support base.

and only €15 new in Xtra-Vision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

I'm looking for a good single player game, action packed ideally, but mostly a good story / experience.
    Thanks in advance :)

BioShock.

You are welcome.

But seriously the best single player game on the xbox 360 period http://xbox.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/x360topten.htm

Surprise surprise is numero uno!

But if your too lazy to click:

About.Com Top 10 xbox 360 games

1) BioShock

BioShock is a great game. It is the best game that the Xbox brand, not just the Xbox 360, has ever seen, and will likely go down as one of the best games ever on any system. It is one of those rare games that combines not only amazingly polished graphics and sound, but very solid, deep, complex gameplay, a great story, and an overall feeling of immersion that sucks you in and keeps you playing that few other titles can match. BioShock is a must play game for Xbox 360 owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

+1

Though the OP sounds like a pretty hardcore gamer so Id imagine BS has been gone through already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

i enjoyed Too Human but most people claim that its is repetitive but not me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

EvilWonka wrote: »
    i enjoyed Too Human but most people claim that its is repetitive but not me!!

Finished Bioshock found it to be terribly overrated to be honest, the Orange box was a better buy IMHO.

Too Human was a little repetitive but I fond it fun. Tearing up the place in Prototype is great I must say.

Fallout 3 was very disappointing, didn't overly love it, Oblivion was just beautiful I must say. That was a real game! Not usually a fan tbh but that game just took over my life!

So Juarez is the only one I'm left with... Hmmm I'll have a potter in game and see!

Thanks very much folks, dunno about hardcore, I just play too many games but badly! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

Far cry 2 might be worth a look, story line is so so, and some say game play is repetitive, but i have to say i did really enjoy it. Took me a decent length of time to complete too.

and adam, excellent news bout bad company, being meaning to get it for ages. Be popping into xtra vision tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I got 3 days from Juarez and it was ok , very annoying characters though and a poor story i thought. Not inclined to play through it again as the other brother or for the cheevos didnt bother with multiplayer as my live sub ran out

guitar hero metallica was ok but im not a big fan of the band, plus rock band 2 is just better than the guitar hero games these days imo

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

+1 for Far Cry 2. Once you get past the shortfalls (respawning enemy checkpoints) and get into the story and realism of the physics/graphics it's an excellent play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

nVid wrote: »
    BioShock.

You are welcome.

But seriously the best single player game on the xbox 360 period http://xbox.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/x360topten.htm

Surprise surprise is numero uno!

But if your too lazy to click:

About.Com Top 10 xbox 360 games

1) BioShock

BioShock is a great game. It is the best game that the Xbox brand, not just the Xbox 360, has ever seen, and will likely go down as one of the best games ever on any system. It is one of those rare games that combines not only amazingly polished graphics and sound, but very solid, deep, complex gameplay, a great story, and an overall feeling of immersion that sucks you in and keeps you playing that few other titles can match. BioShock is a must play game for Xbox 360 owners.
    you forgot to add that every now and then it gets scary as hell when home alone. +1 nevertheless, its a brilliant game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

saints row 2 tbh

Dead Rising. I know its pretty old in the tooth now, but if you haven't played it, I'd recommend it. Can't wait for the sequel.

Advertisement