Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotted on Clanbrasil St

Options
  • 09-07-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

There's a whole series of these messages etched into the path, heres the first one. Anyone know what it's about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

It's either 'art' through use of a powerhose & stencil, or advertising through use of a powerhose & stencil. My kitchen however, is in the back my home and life centres itself around the tv room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Lizard people are coming :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I, for one, welcome our new overlords.

Nokia did something like this over the winter to pimp their new satnav/mobile phone thingies...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

It an ad for persil or somesuch,i saw something similar on the wall at pearse st..although why housewives would be influenced by reverse-graffiti is beyond me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Degsy wrote: »
    It an ad for persil or somesuch,i saw something similar on the wall at pearse st..although why housewives would be influenced by reverse-graffiti is beyond me.

!rennid em s'erehW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

MediaTank wrote: »
    There's a whole series of these messages etched into the path, heres the first one. Anyone know what it's about?
    Probably some advertising campaign.. I'm sure we'll know soon enough :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

humberklog wrote: »
    !rennid em s'erehW

I had to read that veeeery slowly !!

but its good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

It's extremely clever advertising, the method I mean, not the message itself. No planning permission needed.

Spotted these a few days ago.

Some bloke touted the idea on the english Dragons' den a while back and he was told to a)sling his hook and b) get himself a suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

humberklog wrote: »
    !rennid em s'erehW

Brilliant!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

You definitely need permission to do this. Cadbury's got in trouble for doing the same type of advertisement when they rereleased the wispa this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

creggy wrote: »
    You definitely need permission to do this. Cadbury's got in trouble for doing the same type of advertisement when they rereleased the wispa this year.

wispaonthestreetlecraic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

creggy wrote: »
    You definitely need permission to do this
    No planning permission is required - that is why they do it. It's only a power washer on a stencil on a dirty footpath. How on earth would planning permission be required? By that logic, planning permission would be required to deck scrub the footpath outside a house/shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

they're ads for the "power of one campaign" I think. My grandparents live around there and were giving out about "that ****e on the path"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 VelvetKevorkian

Could be some concrete crop circle carry on!

They freaked out the country folk with little field doodling n' now they're tryin to mess with us townies..................oh the possibilities!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

This is better ;):D
    22062009364.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Degsy wrote: »
    although why housewives would be influenced by reverse-graffiti is beyond me.

Whats a "housewife" Grandad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Whats a "housewife" Grandad ?

A married woman whose work primarly revolves around the management and organistation of a household.

A married woman whose work primarly revolves around the management and organistation of a household.

A rare breed since Mary robinson gave them the vote..now they're all out drinking with thier mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

gurramok wrote: »
    This is better ;):D
    22062009364.jpg

*we're. :p

But I get the Prodigy reference (http://www.nekozine.co.uk/prodigy/info/sources.html)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

so can anyone do this? i woulda thought it was illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Mr Duffy had a program on it a couple of years back,amazing the amount of people who complained that these stencils showed how dirty our streets are and should be removed, I think the council did remove some although can't remember if they were deemed illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

dubtom wrote: »
    amazing the amount of people who complained that these stencils showed how dirty our streets are and should be removed,
    They were complaining about the stencils rather than the dirtiness of the streets ? :confused:
    dubtom wrote: »
    I think the council did remove some although can't remember if they were deemed illegal.
    Probably not illegal to put them there and not illegal to remove them either.

Its a bit cheeky but if it prompts the council to do a better job of cleaning the streets It can hardly do much harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Anyone any idea who i should ask to see if doing it is illegal,

Advertisement